Bles

Suspension

Depends on how much camber etc you want for your setup, as stock, my rears were -0.5deg & -1.5deg camber but when I fitted my coilovers, I also got some camber bolts to get these two evened out to -1.75deg with the help of SuperPro camber bushes.....I think that what was the maximum I could adjust one side to so the bushes only offered me about 1.25deg adjustment roughly.  So now I'm running -2deg Front, -1.75deg Rear, Tow - 0deg Front, -1.5deg Rear with a bit of positive castor at the fronts courtesy of Fensport.

Hi Deacon

Did look at this but the garage fitting the suspension was only £50 pounds different for the bushes to the control arms due to the extra labour required with the Bushes.

Mine took about two hours to fit and set up in total.

Hi

I am looking to change my suspension to coil overs. Having done a bit of reading I have decided to go for the Tein Street Flex with EDFC active pro.

These coil overs come standard with 7KG front and 7KG rear springs. However from my reading it is suggested this is too stiff and it is better with 5 or 6KG front and 6KG back. This is where I am having problems as I am having trouble finding somewhere to supply these. Any Ideas ?

Also should I have the GPS with the EDFC active Pro.

Thanks in advance for any help

Good choice, Bles.

As Rob says, email Yukiko and she will sort them.

I don't agree that they are too stiff, I like to feel what my wheels are doing but I do understand that if you are carrying rare birds eggs or similar in the back of your GT86 you may wish to float on a feather bed..

No, you do not need GPS for roadgoing. I use it because I can tune my suspension to a circuit and then 'remember' it for the next time I go there. It gives me a base setting which I can then play with for dry/wet conditions but for road use it is not necessary.

EDFC Active needs some modifications to the boot lining to cater for the motors/covers. If you would like see how it is achieved PM me your personal email addy and I'll send you photos.

Spec K

Hi

Have booked my car in for the Suspension change as requested, waiting for 6kg springs to come into the country. However i have been recommended to fit SuperPro Rear Lower Adjustable Control Arm and Adjustable Toe Arms at the same time so that the camber can be set up.

Have those of you with coilovers fitted needed to go down this route ?

Many Thanks

Yes. But Summit kit is a lot cheaper than Superpro, I believe.. I run it on track.

And you will wait years for Superpro kit - I've been waiting 18 months for steering rack bushes - they are a total waste of space/time, in my opinion.

Spec K

What does it say about having 9kg and the front and 7kg at the rears then?

What does it say?

"... you fecking eedjit..!" is what is says...

(.. it thinks you're a skip....)

:P

Spec K

I would suggest a starting point of Lauren's set up. She does know what she's talking about and knows how to drive her car.

Having said that, you should then go for the handling characteristics you want. Some like soft springs and hard damper settings, some vice versa.

One question, do all the cool over kits use custom diameter springs so you have to buy their own springs?

I guess there are ones that might be made for stock, eg. koni shocks .. but i've seen not once nor twice mentioned that shocks should match spring rates to not get something over- or underdamped, hence imho buying full set is simplest way to ensure that, if you go for aftermarket, diameter/mounting dimensions aside.

HI

Thanks for the advice. Think i might let the coil overs be fitted and then see what the camber is, as has been pointed out to me the camber on these cars is not even.