DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Dan from Adrian Flux Insurance Services

Hi again Cerastes,

Thanks for advising and glad we're in the running so to speak with the most competitive so far. 

Yes it's best to check your no claims bonus entitlement as this could impact on the premium either way - i.e if you have less than say 5 years you will need a revised quote - assuming you've advised us you had full NCB. 

Many thanks,

Dan

Hey, thought I'd reopen the discussion 😜

I'm insured through Sky Insurance ATM and covered by Agaes. With 16 year's of no claims I've paid £660 and an additional £99.25 as I've just moved house and I'm about to ring them today to add mods, reduce mileage and protect my no claims .... I'm very nervous about the amount I'm gonna have to pay 🙄😞😭

Yeah I just don't think insurance companies like me 😜 but just added brakes and air filter to the policy for free and £76 for a remap so all in all this year's insurance has cost me £836 give or take a few pennies.

And yeah, as soon as you get to 9 year no claims it's just classed as 9+ years which kinda sucks.

Do you do multi car? I have an 86 and a Nissan Pathfinder?

Have 10yrs ncd on the 86, but having trouble getting a decent price for them both on the same policy....

cheers 

Who I'm insured with as my old company wouldn't touch the BRZ as rwd but I was coming from a 300hp focus at. Has mum and wife on the car and I like the drive other car fully comp option too

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Having just taken out a policy with Adrian Flux, I'd be interested to know if other members have had to mess about as much as I have in order to get their insurace policy right? 

I asked for a copy of my insurance document. It didn't have business use on it which is essential for me to work. They corrected that but having Class 1 Business use in bold or something would have been a bit clearer than the waffling wording they provided which I will have to explain to my employer. 

Then I questioned why the additional £24 I paid to upgrade my third party cover to fully comp up to £20K on other cars wasn't in the insurance document. I was told that it's an Adrian Flux add on, not something that the underwriter covers. I'm thinking to myself 'well how do I prove that then?' and shouldn't I just be asking for a refund on that extra £24. I've been sent another email letter with embedded to their link on how they provide this additional cover which I'm unable to click on or copy. Brilliant. 

Not impressed with my experience so far and my policy doesn't start until the 1st February. I hope I can sort it out by then or I will be cancelling the lot. 

12 hours ago, Lauren said:

Having just taken out a policy with Adrian Flux, I'd be interested to know if other members have had to mess about as much as I have in order to get their insurace policy right? 

I asked for a copy of my insurance document. It didn't have business use on it which is essential for me to work. They corrected that but having Class 1 Business use in bold or something would have been a bit clearer than the waffling wording they provided which I will have to explain to my employer. 

Then I questioned why the additional £24 I paid to upgrade my third party cover to fully comp up to £20K on other cars wasn't in the insurance document. I was told that it's an Adrian Flux add on, not something that the underwriter covers. I'm thinking to myself 'well how do I prove that then?' and shouldn't I just be asking for a refund on that extra £24. I've been sent another email letter with embedded to their link on how they provide this additional cover which I'm unable to click on or copy. Brilliant. 

Not impressed with my experience so far and my policy doesn't start until the 1st February. I hope I can sort it out by then or I will be cancelling the lot. 

Hi Lauren,

If you'd like to message me your full name / postcode I can look into this issue for you.

Did you not specify you required business usage at the outset?  If so this would have featured on the documentation provided by the insurer under the relevant section of the policy.

The Adrian Flux 'Flexdrive Cover' is indeed a policy 'add-on' that will entitle you to driver other cars up to a value of £20K. It will not cover you for any business usage, solely for Social, Domestic and pleasure within the  UK. 

I am happy to look into this for you if you message me.

Thanks,

Dan

Actually going to try quoting with you guys; though 9am phone line opening hours grrr

Who knew moving from one side of my town to a new part of my same town would spike my insurance cost from £608 to £891.. 

• money saving experts (lowest £925)
  • compare the market (lowest £895)
  • aviva (current insurer offering £891 +Breakdown)
  • direct line (£875 no Breakdown)

:(

Not very happy with these at all.  I originally got a quote and took out a policy last September after having a discussion about turbo charging in the near future.  I planned to get it a few months later but plans got pushed back.  I was assured that the price would be the same for anything under 300bhp and to just phone them up and they'll amend the modifications.  The only modification I had at the time I took the policy out was a catback exhaust and paid almost double what my cheapest quote was.  I've now phoned up to make the changes and have had to pay an extra £100 on top of the premium with only 3 months left on my policy.  So would be £400 a year extra.  A £30 admin charge.  And excess has gone up £200 extra.  Safe to say I'll be looking elsewhere come renewal.

13 minutes ago, mart86 said:

Not very happy with these at all.  I originally got a quote and took out a policy last September after having a discussion about turbo charging in the near future.  I planned to get it a few months later but plans got pushed back.  I was assured that the price would be the same for anything under 300bhp and to just phone them up and they'll amend the modifications.  The only modification I had at the time I took the policy out was a catback exhaust and paid almost double what my cheapest quote was.  I've now phoned up to make the changes and have had to pay an extra £100 on top of the premium with only 3 months left on my policy.  So would be £400 a year extra.  A £30 admin charge.  And excess has gone up £200 extra.  Safe to say I'll be looking elsewhere come renewal.

Hi there,

Could you just clarify if the issues are with us here at Adrian Flux?  If you wished to message  me your full name / postcode I can investigate for you. 

As a general rule we don't tend to charge for additional modifications should you be placed with a modified insurer at the outset.  Performance enhancing modifications that drastically increase performance are the exception. 

I can't speculate what has happened without looking at your file but I would hazard a guess and say that the turbo charger has significantly increased the original BHP which has warranted the insurer increasing the premium.  

I will happily investigate if you wish to message me.

Regards,

Dan

1 hour ago, mart86 said:

At least you were able to get insured by them. I wasn't deemed worthy of the call back. Try A-Plan in future. Cost me a whole extra £70 ontop of my old renewal when I added the FI.

They seem to hide extra costs well! I took out a policy asking for agreed valuation and listed the mods on the phone, plus the values. Only to find out later, I had to pay extra to get it all fully covered. Cant say I was impressed.

8 minutes ago, Graham86 said:

They seem to hide extra costs well! I took out a policy asking for agreed valuation and listed the mods on the phone, plus the values. Only to find out later, I had to pay extra to get it all fully covered. Cant say I was impressed.

Hi Graham,

I'm not too sure how this could've happened.  Our staff will advise at the outset before you incept a policy whether the policy has the option of an agreed valuation - not all policies offer this of course - particularly for more recently manufactured models. 

If the agreed valuation isn't integral to the policy we can offer a stand-alone agreed valuation which is independent of the motor policy and because it is effectively another policy does have to be paid for. 

If this wasn't  the situation encountered by yourself please message me  your full name / postcode and I will happily investigate.

Regards,

Dan

On 6/27/2019 at 11:13 AM, DAN@ADRIAN FLUX said:

Hi there,

Could you just clarify if the issues are with us here at Adrian Flux?  If you wished to message  me your full name / postcode I can investigate for you. 

As a general rule we don't tend to charge for additional modifications should you be placed with a modified insurer at the outset.  Performance enhancing modifications that drastically increase performance are the exception. 

I can't speculate what has happened without looking at your file but I would hazard a guess and say that the turbo charger has significantly increased the original BHP which has warranted the insurer increasing the premium.  

I will happily investigate if you wish to message me.

Regards,

Dan

This has now been sorted.  Just had a nice lady call me to say it's been investigated and I was indeed told that the initial price would include forced induction upgrades.  The excess charge is being refunded.  Annoying that this has happened but it's been dealt with swiftly so restored some confidence in the company.  Thank you Dan for escalating and resolving the issue.

Hi Mart86,

I'm glad we got the issue resolved satisfactorily.  We do record all conversations so I'm sure if you'd been advised at the outset that there wouldn't be an extra charge we would stand by that.

Any problems don't hesitate to return to me.

Regards,

Dan

I've just been quoted for a Harrop supercharger installation next week.  Previous insurance premium was £499 for the TD NA mods, full exhaust, new wheels etc.  The uplift today for an estimated 280bhp (from 200bhp) is £119 for half a year.  13 years NCB.

Seems fair, or a bit heavy?

Hi there,

So I don't really know where to go with this one.

But thought I'd give writing on this forum a go...so I'm soon to be 22 and am waiting till then until I insure my Mercedes, but also I have not got the best insurance track record. 
That's all in the past now but am still being haunted with sky high prices, so I need insurance firms that only date back for the past 3 years of history.

Can anyone help please?

TIA

7 hours ago, Dionne said:

Hi there,

So I don't really know where to go with this one.

But thought I'd give writing on this forum a go...so I'm soon to be 22 and am waiting till then until I insure my Mercedes, but also I have not got the best insurance track record. 
That's all in the past now but am still being haunted with sky high prices, so I need insurance firms that only date back for the past 3 years of history.

Can anyone help please?

TIA

Esure only look at last 3 years of accident history. But just use confused.com, fill in the details for last 5 years as requested but the cheapest quotes will be the ones that don't look past 3!

2 hours ago, Adamd said:

Esure only look at last 3 years of accident history. But just use confused.com, fill in the details for last 5 years as requested but the cheapest quotes will be the ones that don't look past 3!

Thank you so much !! Will be sure to do that ☺️

insuring the landrover has been an absolute ballache...

My untill tonight current company admiral and all the "normal car" insurers said "No, its too old..."

Classic car companies said "No your not 25, and its modified"

Adrian Flux said, yes, we love old modified cars

Approx £700 a year its costing me... with the 200tdi declared, accident last year declared, being 21 with 0 years no claims bonus

Oh and, i get £120 in a refund from canceling Admiral and i was paying them monthly lol

Not very impressed  with them, I renewed the 86  policy 11 days ago over the phone and so far no insurance certificate has been issued and no documents available on their online portal. (No reply to my e-mail yet either). I have nothing to show I am insured.

I checked my other car on the portal and no information about the policy either and that was renewed in July!

I have used them for a number of years but may have to look at other options in future if things dont improve.