GT86Jay

Driveshaft Inner-CV Problems on Lowered GT86s

I'll sell mine for £550 the pair and donate the money to Fensport as part payment for some DSS ones..

They're new and shiney and have only done 150 very gentle miles.

If i'm going to be spending money, i'd want to do the pair. And pair of stocks i'd rather get the uprated ones. 

£550 on stock ones which will probably do the same again. Especially with the added power i'm adding soon. 

So took the car to Toyota this morning. Took the guy out and he was happy that it was also the Inner-CV as per my thoughts. 

Ordered a new one for me, gets fitted Wednesday 25th. 

No problem with coilovers, brakes, wheels, exhaust, bushes or power being fitted. Didn't even mention it. 

Just "It's under warranty so we'll order you a new one". 

Great news Jay, well done!!

Your dealer, (mechanic), must be a very understanding soul..

I think it maybe down to the fact they want the work. 

Toyota Pay the dealer the labour time and the part cost. So they make money on fitting warranty stuff! 

He had a good look and didn't batter an eye-lid at the fact it was lowered or had bigger wheels on. 

I'll probably think about getting some uprated ones eventually anyway to save this again. When it happens next I'll be out of warranty on the drive train. 

Jay

When's the work getting done Jay?

Report back on If it fixes the issue please, and the rest of us will have to keep an ear out!

Wednesday 25th April. 

Out of the few people that have heard it, they're all fairly sure its inner CV driveshaft! Also replicates all symptoms of the problems the guys in the US experience. 

I will report when the work is done. 

All fixed this morning. 

Was clear when I got back in the car after it had been changed that it was making more sound than just the clicking on acceleration! There used to be a constant rear humming that's now completely gone and the occasional knock, this probably wasn't apparent until last week when I had my exhaust changed to the resonated version, making cruising almost stock sound. 

Not a single word was mentioned about the suspension, wheels or bushes. All went through no problem. 

They wouldn't let me have it back as they're sending it to some Toyota Department to investigate. 

I'm looking at getting mine Shotpeened and Cryo treated to strengthen the joints up. I know what bits cracked and it doens't look to expensive to get them treated. 

@GT86Jay is there any update as to whether this solves the issue? I've had the diff oil service done at 20k and fitted some coil overs on a 35mm drop. I can see the geo mess up with the driveshaft sat horizontal rather than sloping downwards. I'm also hearing a clicking noise when turning on full lock as well a new humming noise when driving down the road at any speed.