Lauren

Toni's new Giallo meet. Saturday 21st March 2pm Nr St Albans

My old friend Toni get's her new Gialla GT86 next week. In order to celebrate and ingratiate her into the fold, I thought we'd have a social meet down in St Albans on Saturday 21st March at 2pm. 

I'm going to say 2pm at the pub for a meet as I've got a three hour drive down from Manchester. I guess we can go for a drive out then come back and have some food, something like that anyway! Or we could have lunch then go for a drive to somewhere else. Up to you guys, but it'll be fairly straightforward I hope. 

If you'd like to join us, please add your name to the list. 

Here's a link to the pub which is dog friendly so expect Indy in attendance! 

http://www.wheathampstead.net/cross-keys/

1. Lauren, Mark and Indy

2. Toni and Simon

3. Speedy

4. Gremlin

5. Chris

6. UK Ducatiman

7.Faith

8. Dan (Steeps)

Just a thought. If we are getting there for 2pm, do we want to stop for a quick drink and chat, then go for a drive out and return for dinner? 

Does that work for people?

To embarrassed to attend now! Just about caps my week off

FWIW I did exactly the same thing last year at Faith's meet, so I know how you feel !

Unfortunately I shall be in Cumbria next weekend..... I hope to pick my car up on Friday and I've got 500 miles to do before Monday... that's if everything goes to plan..

Spec K

No, this is the other side.

Looking around its a result of lowering the car and adding power over time, due to the geometry of the driveshaft / diff in relation to the inner CV joint.

Seems common in the US. Starts with a clicking from the rear then turns into a conplete break.

Ive got it booked in at toyota on thursday, ill make another thread with all the findings.

If it turns out to just be a lose bolt / trim. I'll still make it to the meet.

That's unfortunate for you, Jay - but very interesting and possibly significant..

Was it the inner CV joint which gave up on Adrian's car?

Spec K

Keith - Have a read of this thread, http://www.gt86.org.uk/forums/topic/2505-driveshaft-inner-cv-problems-on-lowered-gt86s/#entry38463

It was the same problem Adrian's Car had. Inner CV. Mine was the opposite side though. 

Lets keep driveshaft chat to the other thread to keep this one clean about the meet.  :)