James@Amber

Project AP86

Before we start the big build, we wanted some std figures to work from, car made 179.4hp.......don't know if I'm surprised or not at the lack of power from a car only a couple of years old.

AP86_DYNO.jpg

The car was weighed with all fluids topped up, fuel, coolant, window washer fluid etc.  Everything was taken out of the car, we even emptied the glove box! results below :

AP86_STD_POWER.jpg

AP86_STD_AFR.jpg

The car was weighed with all fluids topped up, fuel, coolant, window washer fluid etc.  Everything was taken out of the car, we even emptied the glove box! results below :

AP86_STD_WEIGHT.jpg

AP86_STD_WEIGHT_1.jpg

Fitted the new TRD push button start, watching all the videos on youtube you have to take half the dash apart, but if you have small enough hands it turns out you can just take the side plastic trim off, and pop the old push button start out, and clip the new one in.......2 minute job ! :

PushButtonDay.JPG

PushButtonNight.JPG

Shipment of Mishimoto has just arrived for AP86. 

Air Intake Kit
Aluminium Radiator
Oil Cooler Kit
Silicone Coolant Hoses
Billet Oil Filler Cap
Magnetic Oil Drain Plug
Cool Running Thermostat
Silicone Induction Hose
Billet Battery Clamp
Racing Aluminium Wheel Nuts
Baffled Oil Catch Can

AP86-Mishimoto.JPG

and the new plate is on smiley16.gif.  Time to start stripping it down !

Good stuff. Sounds like you're building a car just like mine! I have 17x8 TE37's, albeit powder coated they came in at 7.4kg. I've already got the Tein suspension and the TRD start button! Are you going for EDFC?

Good stuff. Sounds like you're building a car just like mine! I have 17x8 TE37's, albeit powder coated they came in at 7.4kg. I've already got the Tein suspension and the TRD start button! Are you going for EDFC?

Indeed, great minds think alike !  yes, we have the EDFC Active Pro with GPS.  The car will be going up to Tein for installation next week, then will come the fun task of setting it up :-)

Yukiko is very good at setup as you would expect. Did you go for the 6/6kg spring rates? 

After much fiddling with the EDFC I came up with some good custom settings. It takes a little while to get a feel for it. 

Yukiko is very good at setup as you would expect. Did you go for the 6/6kg spring rates? 

After much fiddling with the EDFC I came up with some good custom settings. It takes a little while to get a feel for it. 

we have 7/7kgs on the kit we have....we will see how they feel, and change the springs if required once the weight starts to drop off.

That's what they come with stock. I think you'll find it a tad hard on the road. Great for track of course. I run 5/6kg whilst Keith and Dave have 6/6kg. 

im used to stiff springs on my cars, i used to use Monoflex on my GTO TT on the road !  this is much lighter, so will adjust accordingly depending on how if feels.  luckily Tein are only 15 minutes from me, so i can send it up there when-even i need  :)

cheers

james 

Another 3.7kgs shaved off !

OEM Boot Lid & Rear Spoiler 8.8kgs
Seibon Carbon CSL Boot Lid 5.1kgs

First off cut the holes for reverse camera, and boot release button.
RG1213SCNFRS-AP86.JPG

Then trim the holes for the number plate lights :
TL1213SCNFRS-C-AP86.JPG

Re-install the wires, and bolt on.......perfect fit !
TL1213SCNFRS-C-AP86-2.JPG

ok, so we have the car back with all the first stage of body mods complete.  there will be a few small additions, but here she is with the following fitted :

APR Performance front lip
APR Performance side skirts
APR Performance rear bumper spats
APR Performance rear diffuser
APR Performance wing vents
APR Performance GTC-200 rear wing

Seibon Carbon FA style bonnet
Seibon Carbon roof panel
Seibon Carbon rear fin spoiler
Seibon Carbon CSL style boot lid

AP06COS.JPG

CARBONSTG1-1.JPG

CR1213SCNFRS.JPG

APR_DIFFUSER.JPG

TL1213SCNFRS-CSLGTC-200.JPG

CARBONSTG1.JPG

Cheers

James 

perfectly :-)  the body shop were really impressed with the fit of it all.  the rear diffuser was a bit of a pig to fit as the bumper has to come off, apart from that all went straight on.

cheers

James

Looks great. How does the carbon roof panel fit ?

Seibon do 2 roof panels.  a dry carbon replacement, and a wet carbon roof cover.  We opted for the roof cover that is bonded on, the main reason we decided on this option so all the carbon would match all over the car.  a dry carbon roof with all other panels gloss would look a bit odd !

http://www.amber-performance.co.uk/section.php?xSec=8504&xPage=1

cheers

James 

Nice wing finally some one else with a APR WING. I need that roof how much is it??attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg also want that APR lip lol

that looks like the APR GT-250 rear wing if im not wrong ? looks awesome !  here is a link to the roof panel on our site.......if anyone wants more detailed pics, please email me.....or pop down :-)

http://www.amber-performance.co.uk/product.php?xProd=25356&xSec=8504

that looks like the APR GT-250 rear wing if im not wrong ? looks awesome ! here is a link to the roof panel on our site.......if anyone wants more detailed pics, please email me.....or pop down :-)

http://www.amber-performance.co.uk/product.php?xProd=25356&xSec=8504

You are right mate it is the 250 wing thanks for the link might have to start saving lol. Where are you based?

You are right mate it is the 250 wing thanks for the link might have to start saving lol. Where are you based?

sorry, not had a chance to get on here for a while  :( we are based in Dunstable, Beds.