Heated Seat Wiring

(... as they allegedly say in Thailand - "if you no have a loom, we can do it in the load..." )  B)

Spec K

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Nige, for me the heated seat were a nice to have so I am not too bothered.  If its was full leather than yes, but alcantara seats I have owned before I have never been cold in the winter.  

Thanks for the advice on this everyone.

I have also just found a couple of threads from the US where someone has done the same and couldnt find the wiring either so they knocked up their own.

Tbh I did worry about this. I really think it would have made more sense to simply buy a car with the leather and alcantara seats fitted. Would have saved you a lot of hassle. IMO I wouldn't have a daily without heated seats, I use them all the time, even in the summer if it's cool in the early morning. I hope you find a way to wire them up. 

I'm really not bothered it was the seats I wanted not the heated bit, I cant stand the cloth ones. I am impatient so didn't want to wait for one with alcantara to come up in my budget with so few miles etc. And it would have cost me more than the £300 I paid for the seats as dealers charge a premium for cars with alcantara seats, two dealerships let it slip they charge £800-£1000 more for a car with alcantara over cloth. And when I eventually go for buckets, they won't be heated either :)

Sorry for the ancient thread revival!

Did you get the seat swap and the heaters to work in the end? And do you remember how complicated the wiring loom was - are the seat and switch looms just short branches that plug into a primary loom, or are they actually part of the main loom?

I'm looking to replace my written-off gt86, and running out of patience waiting for one with the half leather seats, so just trying to work out how feasible/how much hassle it is to retrofit the wiring for the seats?

I've found this stuff on one of the american forums, and doesn't look promising...

wiringzoom.jpg

I don't have the wiring as locating it proved hard even for Toyota for earlier years. My MY15 heated seats stopped working and local dealership managed to get wiring diagram but it wasn't the same as mine. Turns out Toyota only have wiring diagrams for later regs as earlier ones like mine were fitted by Transcal rather than Toyota. Local dealership were told in no uncertain terms by Toyota GB warranty dept to get Transcal in to sort (dealership were hoping to sort themselves) and pass Transcal invoice back to warranty to pay. If Toyota won't touch them to save money then it can't be good lol

14 hours ago, NJay said:

I don't have the wiring as locating it proved hard even for Toyota for earlier years. My MY15 heated seats stopped working and local dealership managed to get wiring diagram but it wasn't the same as mine. Turns out Toyota only have wiring diagrams for later regs as earlier ones like mine were fitted by Transcal rather than Toyota. Local dealership were told in no uncertain terms by Toyota GB warranty dept to get Transcal in to sort (dealership were hoping to sort themselves) and pass Transcal invoice back to warranty to pay. If Toyota won't touch them to save money then it can't be good lol

Wow, that doesn't sound promising! It sounds like any sort of playing with the wiring for these might be asking for a headache...