Heated Seat Wiring

I have a question for anyone who has removed their seats from a standard interior...

Does every car have the wiring in place for the heated seats? I have sold my Alcantara heated seats for an upgrade but the buyer wants the wiring to go with them. I have the wiring but it is actually part of the loom.

Any help will be greatly appreciated...

I have a question for anyone who has removed their seats from a standard interior...

Does every car have the wiring in place for the heated seats? I have sold my Alcantara heated seats for an upgrade but the buyer wants the wiring to go with them. I have the wiring but it is actually part of the loom.

Any help will be greatly appreciated...

Seats are specced in the UK AFAIK, so yes the loom is already in the car

Thanks Rob,

Tweed bean wants to buy my seats and asked for the wiring.. Oh dear I thought, that will be a pretty major job to do.

I guess he'll just need the seats and the switches?

99% sure that's correct Nige

Wouldn't make sense for Toyota to build a completely new loom just for cars with the heated seats option

I would have thought this to be the case Smudge, but I have a freind with a 2009 golf. It has no driving lamps, I was amazed to find VW do not put the wires in the loom if the car is not specced with lights!!

If you've not got the 86 yet? Why not just buy one with the seats in? 

They're pretty common and most people took the option. I doubt leather seat option adds too much to the resale value?!

If you've not got the 86 yet? Why not just buy one with the seats in? 

They're pretty common and most people took the option. I doubt leather seat option adds too much to the resale value?!

I am after a cheap one to pull apart and make my own, therefore most cheap ones at dealers have cloth which I didnt want. So when Nige put the interior up for sale I snapped it up. Also gives me a spare interior if I decide to retrim.

Does anyone know if this panel is a blanking plate?  I have the buttons from nigel to retro fit the heated seats and wondered if this panel presses out, or if I need to cut it to fit buttons?  Thanks

ps I havent collected the car yet otherwise I would look myself.

4b74d1c6.jpg

So today I decided to do the seat swap and this is what I have found so far:

Firstly the alcantara seats look much better in my opinion when side to side:

16822548459_2c6569c2b3_o.jpgSeat swap by tweedbean, on Flickr

Secondly comparing the connections as expected there is an additional one for the heated seats on the left(Additional Blue Connector):

17007336282_1741226bce_o.jpgSeat swap by tweedbean, on Flickr

Then when looking to the wiring under the seat, I only have two connectors, no blue one:

16822548449_416efcce39_o.jpgSeat swap by tweedbean, on Flickr

Wondering whether it is worth pulling up the carpets etc to see if the blue one is tucked away somewhere?

The blue one will be in the switch loom you got with the seats. The blue one comes from the heated switch panel.

That's what I worked out when i looked into a swap anyway.

Yellow one is airbags.

How easy was it to get the seats off? Any chance of comparing drivers seat to passenger seats? I've always though about seeing if I could raise the passenger seat somehow as usually, the rear passenger struggle with foot room more than anything else....usually feels like you sit lower down as a passenger. Have had thoughts of getting a LHD drivers seat from Europe so the passenger could have height adjustability too.

I will have everything you need. I don't recall the wiring coming from the switch, it was all in one loom coming in from the sill side, or outer side.

I just checked, the three connectors are all in the same loom, coming in from the outer side of the car.

The switch wiring goes forwards and into the dash support bar loom. You can see it all in pics in my daily driver thread.

The plug for the heated seat is Ivory in colour, has four female connectors and has three wires. The cables mentioned by Jay earlier are actually wires going up to the airbag module.

Hopefully these pics should help. I'm 99% certain those wires will be there..

interior%20wiring%20pic.jpg

interior%20wiring%20pic1.jpg

If the console does not have the holes in it, I'll swap you for mine which does have the holes. Saying that, I'd bet money the holes will be there and what you've pictured is a blanking panel. The holes in my console are moulded in, not cut out.

Right I can confirm the wiring isn't there under the seat or under the centre console.  I lifted the gear stick gaiter/trim out to have a poke around in there and theres nothing.  

Where the buttons go isnt a blanking plate either so they must also fit a different centre console onshore.  

On the picture that Nige put up, does the switch wiring go into the plug thats to the left of the hand brake ?

This is what I think too though when I had my console out the other week i'm sure it was all one loom..

This is what I think too though when I had my console out the other week i'm sure it was all one loom..

You are correct Rob, it is all one loom. I admit, it looks like a connector but I think that white block must be a fixing clip or something?

So, it looks like the seats are not a on shore fitment then?? I cannot believe that Subaru builds these cars with different wiring looms though?? The cost of having two part numbers must far outweigh the cost of the hardware.. however, I did say at the start of this thread I was shocked to see my mates VW had no fog light wiring, even though he has the only model without them!!

If you want to wire something up Tweedbean, I have the plugs with your name on them. Personally, I wouldn't bother...

Heated seats are a 'must have'.

Easing away the discomfort of arthritis is sheer bliss... there should be additional wiring for a Thai massuese, in my opinion...

(... as they allegedly say in Thailand - "if you no have a loom, we can do it in the load..." )  B)

Spec K