Tarmac

Forgestar wheels at Tarmac Sportz

Hi All

Another new wheel to the wheel section is FORGESTAR

These are for those wanting a more custom wheel and are made to order

ALL MODELS AND FULL DETAILS ARE HERE:

Jargon:

Forgestar uses much of the same technology utilized in Formula 1 and Indy Car wheel design. Forgestar wheels come with a lifetime structural guarantee to the original purchaser. Defects and craftsmanship are covered for one year for use in normal applications. 
These are custom wheels, they are not available off the shelf. Please contact us with details of your vehicle to discuss available offsets to suit. 
Standard finishes are available in
Black
Bronze
Gold
Gunmetal
Silver
Other custom finishes are available for additional cost. Please contact us for details.
Wheels are priced individually, centre caps are included, spigot rings and wheel nuts are not included, these options are available in our store. 
Due to these wheels being custom made the availability can vary, usual lead time is between 5 and 8 weeks 

F14-Custom-Finishes_zps1wlcnmw4.jpg

f14super_zpswgp9n2hp.jpg

f14ffrs_zpsxnafiyjw.jpg

f14frs1_zpsdgxlae2x.jpg

cf5lambo_zpsvbgq5h8b.jpg

f14bm_zps4aqklmc0.jpg

f14frs_zpslcp5fb3d.jpg

f14frs2_zpsclbyieuc.jpg

f14370_zpszvzoori6.jpg
f143503_zps3cjocgum.jpg

f143702_zpsja7dzmey.jpg

forgeferrari_zpsflfwlrsp.jpg

forgelambo_zpst7zr2wig.jpg

f143501_zps7acsdmnb.jpg

f143502_zpswxftrbbi.jpg

Not wishing to be a pain, but 'forgestar' infers they are forged wheels, but are they? I can't find any reference to them being forged. 

Just thought I'd ask, I already have forged wheels myself of course! 

The answer (taken from BBS website) is yes by the looks of it:

"Flow Forming" is a procedure that uses 3 hydraulic rollers and tremendous pressure to "Form" the inner rim area. Through this process, 3 hydraulic rollers force the cast material to conform to the profile of the massive steel tooling. During the process, the full width of the rim is created.

Oh okay, it just refers to 'flow forming' which seems to be part of the forging process. However the price (i.e. that they are reasonably cheap) gives it away I guess.

At £335 each for 17's on the 5 spoke ones cheap wasn't what I was thinking!

flow forming is a type of forging these wheels use, they aren't really much lighter than any other wheel but are a lot stronger as far as I am aware. I do want a set of these, just poor atm