JamesP1991

My Silver Project 86

So here are the results after a long day custom mapping at TDI in Thurrock. Sam and Mark there were brilliant and I will be definitely going back :)

Stock internals, stock fuel pump and injectors, running at 7 psi. Pulled back the ignition timing advance a little bit for long term reliability but very happy with the results.

265hp at the wheels (around 310 at the crank)
210 lbs ft at the wheels from 4500rpm

post-1091-0-53795100-1438451709_thumb.jp

post-1091-0-77536000-1438451418_thumb.jp

Awesome mate, how does it sound now? Missing the loudness yet?

The sound is certainly different! Dan Ztox followed me down to TDI yesterday and he said it still sounded very loud, but there is no drone on the motorway and off boost it is quite restrained. On boost however it is still very loud so it has created a kind of Jekyll and Hyde personality. Do I miss the UEL rumble? Kind of, but an extra 100 odd horsepower is awesome consolation.

James - it's a shame I didn't know you were going to Thurrock, I would have met you there as well.. did Nick check your passport. . ?

Good figures. Virtually the same as my own with the stage 2 AVO kit.

Good firm, TDI

Spec K

It was a bit of a rush Keith so I didn't properly broadcast it to everyone, they had space and so I took it as it was just after payday as well.

Nick's visit was rather fleet of foot as he had run away from the foreman for a little while!

Yes very happy with their work and Sam was very helpful! He actually showed us the overlay of your car from your previous visit when he realised who we were. Made my turbo curves look like they came off a 1.2 micra haha!

I am working on improving an existing dashboard for dash command. It wasn't showing voltage.. Fixed that. And a few other bugs. Will be improving it over the next few days. Search for GT86 Racing Dash in the DashCommand skins

www.im-tuned.uk

I'll have a look at it in the morning Steve, I'll test it out and see what it's like!

Don't suppose you could make a custom one with A/F ratio, oil temp, intake temp and boost pressure all on 1 screen could you? ;) haha

Latest version (0.2) i have made is a bit broken, and I can only upload once every 24 hours so fixes are a slow process

A/F, oil, intake and boost should be easy enough ;)

www.im-tuned.uk

I just like to have everything on 1 screen so I can see everything in real time, rather than to have to keep scrolling! 

The best compromise I have found is a Citroen Racing Dashboard (I know... disgraceful) which has a "track" screen which shows a lot of the info I need:

post-1091-0-89323200-1438851413_thumb.pn

The only thing missing on that screen is oil temp. If fuel flow was replaced with that, it would be perfect for me! 

Because this dashboard gives me the most information on 1 screen Steve. The other dashboards I have downloaded that don't have the RPM and speed on the main screen, still don't give me the AFR's, intake temps, boost psi or coolant temps on 1 screen. This is the best one I have found so far that only doesn't include oil temps. 

I will continue to search through dashcommand, but this one so far gives the most info on 1 screen, it just also happens to have the rpm and speed on there too. 

If anyone can point me in the direction of one that does, I would really appreciate it however :)

I can easily change the Citroen one so it removes Citroen and adds Oil temp (as long as you buy extended pid pack from DashCommand to get oil temp). Send me the exact name of the skin and I will tweak :)

In terms of the other dashboard I'm converting it to use the Toyota specific extended attributed. I have shrunk RPM and added oil temp so far. Still working on it though

4e39377420a6ea6adf84d59b465c4d2e.jpg

www.im-tuned.uk