Well that was a rather dramatic end to the sprint today :D

On the 5th run I put in a 1'49.78 - Alec at the time was on a 1'49.74 but his 5th was a 1'49.05 so he kept his decent advantage. By this point, I was still struggling with remember which corners you could do flat until I was half way through the blasted corner and realised I'd just lost a chunk of time!

The clock fast approached 4pm and the Javelin lot were still going so I thought that was it, but no, there was another run and time for my special quick lap :D

I decided to get in the queue early and finally had a reasonable lap with no unnecessary lifting / braking for corners that didn't need it - set a time of 1'49.00 so 5 hundredths quicker than Alec so far! 

While waiting for Alec, we knew Lauren was chasing Kev's time of 1'44.63, Lauren came into view and the timing looked close, very close as she set a final time of 1'44.68 to just miss out to Kev by 5 hundredths.

Then Alec comes into view, and again the timing looked close, very close, very close indeed! A 1'48.99! 1 blasted hundredth quicker  :(

Sorry I dashed off without saying good bye!

Didn't gel with Croft really. I defiantly needed more track time so decided to pull the plug and get back down to Hampshire.

Glad everyone else had a good time and looks like some close battles!

See you all at Blyton..

John

I had a great day too. The main thing i took away from this round is to get your car set up properly before you start. Thanks to Lauren's help and Keith's EDFC manual, my EDFC was calibrated after lunch and the car felt so much better after that. I just wish i'd had another 10-20 laps. It was a shame we didn't get all our laps in.

OK I've started a playlist for Croft on the club youtube channel and added my videos and Mikes

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgrLzjG54SK8Un22Y-ALycq-VPLLG0VqD

My run 2 was the one where I had my moment at Barcroft 1'10s in

Let me know if you find anymore vids from Croft and I'll add them

Alec

As I didn't record my final run, you'll have to make do with a 0.04s difference for the comparison laps :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQqRgFbQgoI

You seemed ahead at first (up to tower?) but I catch you up at Sunny I think, so I presume I was quicker through the clark esses/Barcroft ?

Yea, the lap I used, I unnecessarily braked and dropped to 3rd for barcroft. That and the early turn in at tower and the stability stuff going mental and slowing me to ~40mph meant I lost a chunk in those 2 corners

I've noticed PI's get more expensive the longer you wait, which is why I've had the joy of any local hotel I could find. Adds to the drama of the weekend and the change is quite nice. Looking at £42/night including breakfast for Blyton just working out if I want to include the track day too.