GT86Jay

Toyota Touch and Go Module kit

Looking to see if anyone is interested in the Touch and Go Module kit? 

It's the full kit to extend the standard Touch head unit. 

Just a case of plugging the new modules in and will update the existing Touch head unit. 

Also includes all the extra phone / text message stuff, applications and new style menus. All in good working condition. 

Will come with all cables, GPS antenna and mounting stuff.

£700 optional extra form the dealer. 

If anyone is interested PM me an offer. 

Looking for around £450 but open to offers.

Not really sure what I could photograph here, its come wires and a box. 

Yeah it's a case of just plugging in the module box between the existing wiring and the Touch and Go.

By plugging in the box it updates the interface and enables the Sat nav button etc. 

Will put your name on it. It's still all fitted to my car at the moment. But we'll discuss at GPRM day. 

guys IMPORTANT ! ! !

you can use the module. it is plug and (not) play. it fits and connects however, you have to take the car to toyota and they can reprogram the software so it can only work this way. how do I know? i bought a second hand unit. (because of the same reason, i swapped the units)

What I suggest you is;

exchange head units. this is the only way to make it work.

PS: dealer charges around £120 to £200 (confirm with your dealer)

That's interesting. 

I'd tested the theroy on another Touch and Go which was just a touch and it seemed to just change the software and menus as it was plugged in. 

And my one without it plugged in just resorted back to the Touch system.

Happy to swap the entire unit too. Probably easier and safer as you say.

Probably easier to fit that way too. 

for fitting,

top of the dials must come off because of the sensor must be under the wind shield. So it can find the satellite signals. It is 2 screws only.

The rest, nothing really important. All the sockets can fit on one place so no mess up on that part. 

module just sits under the head unit with 2 or 4 screws and 1 socket (i think it was only 1 socket)

software must be updated to use the features of touch and go. i was quoted about £120 (might be £200 cannot remember)

direct swap is much easier and fitting just the module is extra 4 screws and a socket or 2. so nothing really difficult on that. just must be careful while taking of the plastic trim on dash board as they are indeed very expensive if they break.