GTB

Hipermax MAX4GT Anyone Got Them Fitted ?

Have been considering lowering my car for some time. Problem is I have Seibon front lip so don`t want to go too low. A certain person who shall remain nameless but resides in Oxted has dangled a carrot in the form of a set of Hipermax MAX4GT coil overs. From what I have read the drop as supplied is about 1" - but is adjustable. Has anyone got these fitted ? How does the drive compare to OEM for both handling and damping ? I don`t want to lose my fillings as the result of a harsh ride and may also need to raise the seat so I can get out (old b***r :unsure: ).

Cheers. :)

You mean the HKS Hipermax IV GT's? Myself and Mas both have them fitted, the height is fully adjustable

They are, by far, the best coilovers I've ever had. Smooth, comfortable and sporty on the road and then insanely good for the track with plenty of feedback

Have just ordered these and plan to get them on over Xmas then a 4 wheel alignment at Abbey. Got fed up with the attitude of the seller on the other side on the Ohlins who expected his price and his price only yet couldn`t be ar$ed to post pics of their current condition. Too much of a gamble on such an expensive used item. Enjoy your polishing Mr Ohlins, rawlplug, screw and Mr Sheen in the post !

I will cut off my nose to spite my face sometimes but I do have principles and integrity. My offer was genuine and I would have bought them for my price of £1400 unseen. If I can`t get the deal I want then I always walk away. Buyers market, they`ve been for sale for weeks and no other obvious interest.

Have just ordered these and plan to get them on over Xmas then a 4 wheel alignment at Abbey. Got fed up with the attitude of the seller on the other side on the Ohlins who expected his price and his price only yet couldn`t be ar$ed to post pics of their current condition. Too much of a gamble on such an expensive used item. Enjoy your polishing Mr Ohlins, rawlplug, screw and Mr Sheen in the post !

This is ironic given the rule over there is to post a pic of said items. I'll assume these were Stu's?

Absolutely correct Rob a classic case of do as I say not as I do. He was offered £1500 for them a while ago. Obviously has no need to sell them or indeed an aptitude for sales. Still, polishing them will keep him busy these cold winter evenings.

I found it funny how he said £1450 and he'll drive to meet you. But declined your offer of £1400 and you arrange postage. Surely £50 is worth not having to get in his car and spend nearly £50 in petrol coming to you! 

Strange person. Note how he also deleted Liam's post about his rules on the forum about photos of the condition of the item you're selling. 

Wow, got back from business trip to Berlin and a nice big BRAND NEW (not dusty Stu) box at work for me. Already studied instructions and plan to put them on over Xmas then straight to Abbey for alignment. Can`t wait !

Got these babies on yesterday, very straight forward to fit. Only issue was undoing the OEM link bars. Off to Abbey tomorrow for alignment. Have not driven yet as am waiting for alignment.

Welcome to the Hipermax Club. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I got momentarily lost checking out the website of where i was sending it too though...

Ha, ha, yes Scott told me you enjoyed browsing our site and BTW your order will be ready next week ! I am so chuffed to bits with these shocks. Have kept them at factory settings for now but may drop a further 5mm all round later. Need to see how close I am on our sloped drive. The car has so much more feedback and handles so much better. Really feels like a sports car now. You can tell what each corner is doing and the left and right front wheels no longer feel like they are welded together and are totally independent. I was worried they would be hard but on standard settings I find them absolutely ideal. Abbey aligned them up for me after my install but they weren`t that far out. Looking forward to more sideways fun now !

Glad you are loving them. I found for road use softening the front dampers by a few clicks (5-7) made it even easier for daily use with very little detriment to handling. Have a play around and i'll be interested to see how you get on.

Took your advice Hashiriya and yesterday softened the front by 5 clicks. Then did a test run on a nice bendy B road. Wow, instant improvement. Then I got paranoid that I may have done one clockwise and one anti-clockwise. Wound them all the way in counting clicks and actually found they were 2 clicks different. Reset to 5 clicks softer than preset and top job. So easy to do, don`t even have to put the wheel on lock to access and they even have a lever/knob on the bottom of the shock for adjustment. May play with the rears next.......

Glad you are getting closer to your ideal setup. You are right in the way you have made the adjustment. The dampers should be wound right in and then backed of to the first click that you feel and this is is damper setting "0". Then you can back them off to your liking to at least 30 clicks. You may find you can get more but that's not really within the range of intended use. To balance the dampers left and right you want to always work from how many clicks out from fully hard.

Thanks for the offer Tilly but I think I'm probably a year or so away from a suspension upgrade to be honest. Too many mods, too little cash  :lol: