1/24 Rocket Bunny Build

Hi all,

I have two big hobbies in my life, cars and Modelling. Sometimes the two cross paths and builds like this one occur. I thought you might be interested to see it??

I am starting off with the Aoshima kit which includes all the parts to build the RB v1, but has no engine:( Some of the Aoshima stock kits include the FA20 Engine, so I have also bought one of those... There's also the Tamiya kit available, but only in stock form.

These are the two kits currently available, best found on Ebay in the UK.

Boxfronts.jpg

I have started with the black car, for no reason other than it was at the top of the pile. As you can see the red car has the beautiful Enkei wheels, whereas the Black car has Volks. They will be interchangeable.

So, to make a start, I decided to get stuck into the body mods. The kit comes with a template, which I cut out and marked on the body.

Template.jpg

Here we can see the body has its front and rear bumpers fitted and has received a spattering of old white primer just to highlight any flaws, mould seams or marks. It also helps with marking the cuts.

BodyMarkedup.jpg

Here we can see it cut. I used a new scalpel blade and a rolled up piece of 120 grit paper to achieve this...

Bodycut.jpg

Once the body was cut about, I decided to clean up the body kit and lay it out, just like my real kit in my modifications thread.

Bodykit.jpg

Finally, we can see the bodykit tacked onto the body with blutak. The fit is absolutely perfect, it also fits the Tamiya body just as well.

BodykittackedonRL.jpg

BodykittackedonFL.jpg

Thanks for looking in, if this is posted in the wrong section, please feel free to move it Mods...

Very cool. I must admit, I've had an RC GT86 drift car that has been waiting to be painted for 18 months and various models that have been waiting over ten years to be put together. 

Nice, though if you've got the patience. 

That is awesome dude, love the fact that you have to cut your body work like you do for the real kit :D I love cars but never had the patience to make model cars, I love the kits where you actually assemble stuff together but no a fan or the kits that you need to cut, glue and paint, they aren't my strong suits, I was brought up building Japanese Robots which were mega cool to put together.