Nige's GT86

There won't be a great unveiling, you'll watch it grow before your very eyes.

I've just been very naughty... i called Fensport to bvuy some RTV and ended up buying  an Aluminium Propshaft!! My Valenti lights have just turned up as well!!

Well, it's about time I showed you all some pics of the RB kit I guess....

Here it is, just home and laid out on the drive.

RBBodykit.jpg

And here we can see the rear extensions roughly taped into place.. NICE!!

RBBodykit1.jpg

RBBodykit2.jpg

In this next picture we can see the Japspeed rear brace fitted to the rear bumper mounts.

IMG_2626.jpg

This brace is part of their bargain underbody bracing kit and gives lateral support to the rear chassis legs.

Is that the knight racer kit?

Yep. He did me a great deal.

It all fits really well, except for the rear wings which need a bit of pulling about. They will fit but with a little work.

Awesome. What kind of engine are you going to run?

Tuned FA 20 all the way!! Lowered CR and FI.

Just backtracking a bit here..

In case anyone is interested, here are the Diff Bushes I fitted to my car. Obviously, they are from Whiteline and are a doddle to fit.

DiffBushes-Copy.jpg

DiffBushes1-Copy.jpg

There is a steel sleeve for one of the rear bushes, they tell you to tap this in... I used wood and two g clamps. I couldn't get it to go in with a hammer alone.

This week I had a couple of gifts from the mail man.. here they are...

Parcels-Copy.jpg

The long box is my new Aluminium Propshaft from Fensport, the square white box is from Taiwan and has a pair of Valenti rear light clusters inside.

Nice!!!!

Valentilight.jpg

Now they are fitted, and simply plugged in as they are specified for the UK market. They are even E marked.

Valentilight3.jpg

Valentilight2-Copy.jpg

I personally think they look far better than the (to my eye) cheap and tacky standard rear lights..

Hi AJ. I don't think you could knock the front ones out in the car? They drift out easily, but they come downwards from memory? You might want to check if Whiteline do inserts??

Hey Nigel, good progress so far and nice to see it being done properly :)

You say 'modified to death' 'lowered compression and FI' Whats the 'end goal' (too much apostrophes!) of the build? i.e. Street / Track / Drift / Race etc? I assume by the coil choice it will be road and track? And have you decided on which type of FI you plan on going for?

I'm currently reading up on all sorts of different stuff. We have the "Take it to xxx tuners" to "I'll fit the kit myself" to "I built and designed this system".

I'm leaning towards the Sprintex SC route at the moment, purely because it seems to be the neatest and most robust "kit". Trouble is, if I wanted to upgrade, it's a massive cost over changing, say, a centrifugal SC?? I also like the spec and look of the Rotrex kit sold in the USA.

I think probably 9.5:1 at the moment. I have a goal of 350whp on Optimax. My last Porsche had 315 bhp, and that quickly got boring, but that was partly due to the PDK I think?? PDK is awesome, but I got bored with it...

This car is a toy to me, basically bought to mess around with and modify. It will probably end up being a bonkers track car because it's too much for the road. I'm currently 51, so need to get my ass in gear or I'll be too old to enjoy it!!

The sprintex 210 gets very inefficient if you try and push its envelope, and by that I mean the outlet temps from the blower are very very high so I dont think it is correct for your application. Not convinced the 335 is the answer either due to the intercooling limitations and I personally dont like to try an mask an issue by using water/methanol injection.

Cosworths TVS should be pretty good, Kraftwerks C38 Rotrex option on a built engine could be a monster, and Rotrex chargers are very efficient :)

the 335 is capable and is available to order

It may be available to order, but is it available to deliver?  Has anyone actually got a production version?  That is why I stated 'currently available'.  Sprintex only advertise the 210 - http://www.sprintex.com.au/supercharger-systems/toyota-86-scion-frs-subaru-brz/

This is just the kind of advice I need guys.. experienced through being there or having good knowledge of the subject. I really like the Kraftwerks set up, it does look to be a cut above the others in terms of quality. I like to think I know what I'm talking about when it comes to FI, but really I've only dabbled with GTR's which I bought from Japan tuned.

Just for a little refreshment.. I popped the Rocket Bunny Splitter on today for a quick look.

Frontsplitter1.jpg

Frontsplitter.jpg

Frontsplitter2.jpg

It fits really well and all the holes line up with holes already in the bumper!! Result!!!

I've taken it back off and put the car back together this afternoon so I can take her out for her first drive with modded bits on. I told LV about the bushes, sound tube gone, spoiler removed and Valenti lights.. £17.19 was the total payable, £15 of which was admin!!

It may be available to order, but is it available to deliver?  Has anyone actually got a production version?  That is why I stated 'currently available'.  Sprintex only advertise the 210 - http://www.sprintex.com.au/supercharger-systems/toyota-86-scion-frs-subaru-brz/

Yes it's available to deliver, there are a couple of vehicles about with it fitted. I do believe mark now has one at the workshop or it's certainly en route.

Oh yeah guys, you certainly are correct concerning the splitter and kerbs. Just imagine how it'll be when its lowered!! I was going to buy a GT3 before choosing the bargain priced '86, that has an even more vulnerable splitter. It also has lifting front suspension as an option. I wonder if I could make something???

Anyhow, for now I'll be making a mould for the splitter so I can replace it when it gets smashed!!!

I've just had my first drive with the mods. I can confirm there is a rise in noise, but only when going slow, pulling away etc. The rear end feels very connected now and will now slide smoothly rather than hop like it did before. (On a certain roundabout).

I cannot believe the looks the car gets. I pulled into my local for a pint, and all the smokers turned their heads!! I think the beautiful rear lights help??