keelerad

All about Initial D

Just thought i'll drop information that Legend 2 has been subbed and should available to watch/download. NO fillers,all pedal to the metal of awesomeness.

Anyone else listen to the Initial D soundtrack while driving. :D

2 hours ago, kurosagi01 said:

Just thought i'll drop information that Legend 2 has been subbed and should available to watch/download. NO fillers,all pedal to the metal of awesomeness.

Anyone else listen to the Initial D soundtrack while driving. :D

As Keith said Cheers for the heads up on this!

Wangan Midnight soundtrack for me!

Initial D Legend 3 was released on 6th February, should expect a HD/Blu-ray release with subtitle release later this year hopefully. :) Also Wangan Midnight live action movie was so much better than the Initial D live action movie, as much as i like the actors in the film.

So i've just watched Legend 3 with a amusing english subtitles which was shared in this thread: 

The race between Takumi and Ryosuke will always be one of the best race within the franchise and the teaser for ending was great,hopefully better subtitles will be released soon.

Old school animation is the best in my opinion and stage 1 and 2 is fantastic. Also if anyone is interested in some of the music from Initial D do let me know as i can happily share it with you all through dropbox or something. :)

I seem to be way behind the times.  discovered initial D by accident while on a night shift at work.  absolutely loved it and it's been listed here for ages.

Glad other ladies and gents of a 30+ age like it to.  I don't feel so childish for enjoying it so much . 

Just finished the tv series.  It's fudging awesome lol.  Must have really got into because I now feel miffed it's ended lol.

Trying to use it to persuade claire it's worth increasing our knowledge and techniques haha.

I only just discovered this thread! It's amazing. I loved the show.

Many times I was thinking about finding some goods touge courses. Lake district. wales & scotland's  roads were the best I've seen so far, but everything is way too far from west midlands..  

There's plenty of good roads in Wales, most well known but some only locals know. Best to go for a drive and see what you find. There's some well known roads in Wales the journo's rave about but I find a bit meh, whereas I have roads in Wales the journo's don't know and I think they are some of the best I've ever driven on. What suits one driver won't suit another. I have no interest in fast straight roads and like most here the saying "Happiness isn't around the corner, it IS the corner" applies to lots of us.

Initial D has lots of things that I've found apply to driving in RL. For me it's where Takumi starts to realise the importance of his home course (Akina) when he's racing elsewhere. The roads you know you have confidence with and it's about how much of those roads you take with you wherever you go. This I didn't get initially until 3-4 years ago during a factory build where I had to be there everyday for what seemed like months, I was commuting from Swansea to work in mid Wales everyday for a 5am start, doing about 110 miles a day on twisty A and B roads that are not so different to the touge they race on. Over time I got better. The times would come down, mentally it would take less out of me so I'd have more time to think, use less inputs and get faster again. Due to no traffic and all the time in the world I was setting a consistently fast time but not stressed whatsoever and also having a reserve where I could go quicker if I needed to.

Then work calmed down, I had time off and I went to Snowdon to climb it. The roads there are fantastic but I felt uneasy and I was overthinking far too much, not consistent with inputs, braking at odd spots and didn't enjoy it. Then I realised it was because I was only used to my roads as they have become so embedded, much like Takumi only driving Akina. I could drive that road like it was autopilot. Driving back I was finding I could relate parts of the road to parts of that road I commuted on. I started to relax, look further ahead again, use the tree lines to predict what was next and drive with less input again. One handed steering helps a bit too as it tightens your mind into taking the shortest line while also staying on your side of the road. One thing I never do is cross the centre line unless I'm passing.

Huge fan of Initial D and the MF Ghost series and I really like the detail they go into about the cars handling characteristics and driving styles.

It got me hooked on JDM cars and wanting to improve my driving skills.