Bail

Beaulieu Simply Japanese Photos

Well what a wonderful day, both in terms of attendance and weather. We had a short spat of rain that I missed due to being elsewhere (more on that later) but soon a very nice bright dry day. Lots of cars and a good turnout overall. To those who went, many thanks for making the effort to come on down, I hope you enjoyed it, it was a pleasure to meet you all!

I rocked up at the White Heart at 7:45 (because you can never be to early) and wasted a little time doing that last minute polling, radio on to keep myself entertained. Around 8:10 the first of us started turning up (In a 14 plate Mercedes to boot) but soon the whole group was assembled. By 9:45 I yelled for us to make a move, only to realise I'd flattened my battery leaving the radio on! Let that be a warning to you! A quick jump start later and a panic about my TapTurn going haywire and I was back to normal.

Photos at The White Horse:

1407085780_1268755042.jpg

1407085779_2049503228.jpg

1407085779_1663276968.jpg

1407085778_996087619.jpg

1407085777_1167675149.jpg

gt_0006.jpg

gt_0007.jpg

gt_0008.jpg

The others went on without me but it seems they managed to find the place well enough. I quickly made repairs and hurried to join the group. When I rocked up our space was reserved and waiting.

From there on it was a nice day of comparing exhaust notes, radios, colours mods and stories. A great time with a beer and an obligatory ice cream!

But photos are far more interesting that words so here's a selection from the many I took, and indeed Subota Boy took a fair few photos too, no doubt his will pop up shortly.

Lots of other Japanese cars old and new, stock and modified and of course the Beaulieu motor museum itself to explore kept us all entertain for a good 8 hours. We even bumped into Toyota PR team with their two GT86's including the original UK white TRD which did the Goodwood Hill Climb.

A great day overall, even if I now find myself rather red and sunburned (whoops!) Sill, I can't wait for next year!

Well after going through London thinking it would be quiet every road I had planned to go down was shut I managed to go the wrong way at Southampton coz my sat nav sounds like the wife so I took no notice. Great to meet members I knew and others I did not and although I gave Kristov and lift I did not get sideswiped or rearended result

Great day even without my car :(

A pleasure to meet some new faces especially those from across the pond.

Thanks Nikndel for the lift. Very relieved my misfortune didn't rub off on you. Although I can't help feeling the misdirection may have been the result of residual bad karma. Don't know what I did in a previous life but I will continue to pay my penance in the Panzer for the time being.

Ok James -  Here's a few more pics.  Nice write up by the way.  Good to meet owners old and new today.  13 GT/BRZs plus 1 Celica on the stand - Test Drives Unlimited parked up with the Mazda RX8s, and two Toyota UK cars across from us.  That's 16 at Beaulieu compared with 3 last year.  Excellent!!

Picture050_zpsb08b457f.jpg

Picture103_zpse7197764.jpg

Picture124_zpsa43d5f35.jpg

Picture107_zpsb0a69972.jpg

The two Toyota UK cars - interesting to chat about ToyotaUK strategy in relation to the 86, with "men who know".

Picture134_zps2a12d588.jpg

Picture132_zps26417a3e.jpg

It was a pleasure to meet you guys today. I didn't realise that the club had a pitch or I am sure we would have come over and said hello ourselves.

Good to see that people are modding the cars too. I did like the supercharger and turbo versions.

Hope to see you all at a future event

Steve

Great day even without my car :(

A pleasure to meet some new faces especially those from across the pond.

Thanks Nikndel for the lift. Very relieved my misfortune didn't rub off on you. Although I can't help feeling the misdirection may have been the result of residual bad karma. Don't know what I did in a previous life but I will continue to pay my penance in the Panzer for the time being.

I take it you stormed through Southampton in der Panzer on your way home

It was a pleasure to meet you guys today. I didn't realise that the club had a pitch or I am sure we would have come over and said hello ourselves.

Good to see that people are modding the cars too. I did like the supercharger and turbo versions.

Hope to see you all at a future event

Steve

Hey Steve

Was great to chat to you again (Goodwood last year? Or the year before?).  Thanks for the background info.

Keith

I didn't get to go to Goodwood for the last two years so you are confusing me with David. You'll find me in the workshop more often than not twirling spanners. They don't let us out very often lol.

The last event I did was the barrel drift day at Prodrive's circuit in Warwickshire, if any of you were fortunate to go on that?

Was going to attach a picture but it's come out the wrong way up :(. Will try again tomorrow.

A little off topic admittedly but seeing as you guys like TRD stuff here's a couple of special cars we keep here..

TRD Prius in the background and I am sure the blue car needs no introduction. If you look closely you might just be able to make out the 1966 Corona in the very far background. 

post-543-0-64429200-1407233468_thumb.jpg

Lol it was at Carfest North over the weekend so it couldnt have come with us sadly.

You will all probably think I am mad but I don't enjoy driving it. You get people driving along side you filming rather than concentrating on the road. I had a biker pull a monster wheelie as he pulled between me and another car on a dual carriageway. The car driver was filming at the time :o. I could imagine the headlines in the Daily Mail if they had crashed into us! 

LOL, I can understand that Stevo, I'd be mega excited about the prospect of driving it but as soon as I get in it, I'd probably be bricking it and not enjoy it as much due to the worry of dinking it  :unsure:  But still, you jammy so and so  :P