GTB

Abbey Motorsport Sprintex Install Feedback

Keith, tell her it is a mandatory safety improvement to remove the torque dip.

Geoff, she says you are a very naughty boy, and isn't going to fall for that one, although I think it is rather good!  Safe overtaking is one of the main problems with the OEM set-up for sure!

Well, on standard runs to work and the occasional spitited blat returning 29.6mpg to the last tankfull. Pretty pleased with that. Proves that if required it will return very similar figures to OEM, but that`s not what it`s all about. Really does make it a dual purpose car now and even at low revs the additional torque and engine pick up is such a vast improvement over OEM. Well worth the investment Mrs Subota Boy.

I had forgotten how much difference air density and temperature make on a supercharged engine. Last Friday was out and about at 10.15pm way after my usual curfew. The outside air was very cool and slightly damp. Boy did the car fly ! Flooring it in a straight line the arse end really squatted and front end got light. Brilliant ! oh and did I mention the sound............. B)

Why is it no-one's tried a smaller waffle sprocket? Is it a problem with the interlocking teeth?

Spec K

The teeth can be a problem but it's normally about heat generation. The smaller sprocket would naturally rotate faster and generate more heat and we all know that heat is the enemy. For what you gain it can be quite high risk

The teeth can be a problem but it's normally about heat generation. The smaller sprocket would naturally rotate faster and generate more heat and we all know that heat is the enemy. For what you gain it can be quite high risk

Company i saw the other day has one with small grooves in it, meant to vent heat more efficiently, whether it works or not i don't know. Will have to see if I can dig it out.

Company i saw the other day has one with small grooves in it, meant to vent heat more efficiently, whether it works or not i don't know. Will have to see if I can dig it out.

Interesting. I wonder how big the grooves are. Anything large enough to make a significant difference to cooling will most likley compromise it's structural integrity and fall apart. Whilst I'm not going to say no about this, I'm going to remain skeptical.

I've heard you need your waffle sprocket replacing James? I'd get it done sooner than later, Rich @ RRG had some in stock I think.

Nah no need. What I need one for! Don't even know it is. My auto box works well. What difference does it make?

Interesting. I wonder how big the grooves are. Anything large enough to make a significant difference to cooling will most likley compromise it's structural integrity and fall apart. Whilst I'm not going to say no about this, I'm going to remain skeptical.

Scepticism is a stoic trait, Mas.. applause..

I know that Pitman has been looking into this (No, not looking into your stoic traits, Mas... Waffle sprockets..

Did I not read somewhere that a guy has tried a multiplex waffle sprocket? I think it was the FT86 Forum...

Yes! Found it!

I'm not conversant on the physics but this is his formula (given I cannot show a square root function, even a beeta, I'm a right turnip on this stuff.. does we deem it necessary..?) -

sign/(^2 cogent * <sigma> tangential) // (dia/pi) x <median groove dia> =/> waffle coefficient

Guy swears it works... what can you say..?  Might hold out for ages if machined from tonguesten...

Spec K