GTB

Abbey Motorsport Sprintex Install Feedback

Well, after 6 days I can report that I still love it. The whine is nowhere near as loud as the MP62 charger I had on my MX5 but when on song is fantastic.

When I had the MX5 I took a mate out in it and he said it sounded like a Spitfire (not Triumph). It really was loud.

Maybe removing the bonnet insulation would help but I`m not bothered about that.

I have found map 3 to be quirky with regard to the auto blip and await the numpties guide to ECUTEK remap that you are planning. I tried lunch control but no sandwiches arrived (Oh LAUNCH control !  :wacko: ). Didn`t get on with that and require aforementioned idiots guide. Haven`t tried flat shift as do not have any need for this at the moment....... I`m 51 not 17 :(

Seriously, I can see the benefit of Map 1. The car is quieter below 3000rpm and sedate. This is ideal for those early morning start ups and creeping off the estate so that the non-working coffin dodgers don`t get upset. Once the car is warm I switch to Map 2 which has a very very noticeable improvement in throttle response. The removal of the high revving cold start is excellent and has reduced the rattle from the garage door on start up and next doors dentures rattling in the glass !

I tried map 4 and it appeared to disable 2 cylinders - well that`s what it felt like. I`m guessing it retards the ignition a lot as is designed for unleaded in emergencies.

With regard to the 2nd cat delete pipe at the moment I love it. It doesn`t drone but has highlighted a few annoying rattles that will get sorted. The growl in the mid-range is fantastic but I may swap to a resonated H & S centre pipe at a later date (it is currently un-resonated).

In general day to day driving the car just has so much go even low down. The pick up is fantastic and you do not need to change down to make progress. If you use the mid-range growl at the right time and place (Bognor seafront) it gets a lot of attention and day tripping Londoners scatter like skittles instead of dawdling across the road with their chips in trackie bottoms and onesies. I would say that alone is justification for the 2nd cat delete pipe ! :D

If map 4 was like the one I had, it's just massively reduced throttle mapping but Mark may have changed that since.

Launch control has a set requirement:

- Car stopped

- Into Neutral << This is a stage that is often missed and is an absolute requirement

- Into 1st

- Throttle to the floor

- Adjust revs with the CC stick as required

AutoBlip also takes a while to get used to. It's requirements are:

- Over 3k

- Braking

- Clutch Pressed

The issue that I found that if you're used to hovering your foot over the clutch, the slightest depression of it if the other 2 requirements are satisfied is that the car will blip while you're still in gear. It can be quite scary! I now only use it if driving aggressively or on track.

Well, after 6 days I can report that I still love it. The whine is nowhere near as loud as the MP62 charger I had on my MX5 but when on song is fantastic.

When I had the MX5 I took a mate out in it and he said it sounded like a Spitfire (not Triumph). It really was loud.

Maybe removing the bonnet insulation would help but I`m not bothered about that.

I have found map 3 to be quirky with regard to the auto blip and await the numpties guide to ECUTEK remap that you are planning. I tried lunch control but no sandwiches arrived (Oh LAUNCH control !  :wacko: ). Didn`t get on with that and require aforementioned idiots guide. Haven`t tried flat shift as do not have any need for this at the moment....... I`m 51 not 17 :(

Seriously, I can see the benefit of Map 1. The car is quieter below 3000rpm and sedate. This is ideal for those early morning start ups and creeping off the estate so that the non-working coffin dodgers don`t get upset. Once the car is warm I switch to Map 2 which has a very very noticeable improvement in throttle response. The removal of the high revving cold start is excellent and has reduced the rattle from the garage door on start up and next doors dentures rattling in the glass !

I tried map 4 and it appeared to disable 2 cylinders - well that`s what it felt like. I`m guessing it retards the ignition a lot as is designed for unleaded in emergencies.

With regard to the 2nd cat delete pipe at the moment I love it. It doesn`t drone but has highlighted a few annoying rattles that will get sorted. The growl in the mid-range is fantastic but I may swap to a resonated H & S centre pipe at a later date (it is currently un-resonated).

In general day to day driving the car just has so much go even low down. The pick up is fantastic and you do not need to change down to make progress. If you use the mid-range growl at the right time and place (Bognor seafront) it gets a lot of attention and day tripping Londoners scatter like skittles instead of dawdling across the road with their chips in trackie bottoms and onesies. I would say that alone is justification for the 2nd cat delete pipe ! :D

Yes, hovering over the clutch in map 3 to be avoided, nearly went into the back of someone the other day :o

Gtb. Is your manifold still OEM?

Nice write up. Especially the part about your neighbours dentures in the glass. Cracked me up! All my neighbours are young so hey ho Lol no subdued start ups for me!

Aaah, can you please send a replacement rev counter needle as mine is now bent.........not a problem as I don`t really want to trash my clutch & transmission just yet.

Yes, manifold still OEM and made 234hp. I see the other thread made 247hp but unsure of their set up.

Yes but that's not only manifold, smaller pulley and not sure if he had a 200 cell cat or full delete mate. 230-240 is healthy. I'm hoping for 240ish.. Let's see.

After nearly 2 weeks still in love with the Sprintex. Pangs of "you are too old for this" have seen me email Mark about quietening the exhaust. However, yesterday on the way home 2 local roads of foot to the floor adrenaline inducing driving and sideways into the industrial estate this morning growling like a good `un have put paid to that ! It is now a Jekyll and Hyde machine which demands maximum torque wherever possible, the drug that was previously missing !

After one month I can still confirm how great this kit is. Most days on my daily commute to work of 8 miles each way I leave it on map 1. The benefits are quieter exit from the estate and it can easily be driven quietly within legal speed limits. This is not a fault of the supercharger install, more that with it fitted it really makes the H & S system a devil in disguise when you open it up. It really does sound nice, better than the supercharger itself. If I can work out how to I`ll do a video with my bullet cam. On this map when cruising the fuel economy appears better than OEM. Waiting for the tank to empty before checking the average, I used to get 31 / 33mpg average. Looked under the bonnet yesterday and all well, so OEM looking. Topped up the water a little and that was it. Took my wife out in it last night for the first time and she loves the growl on full chat. I still haven`t told her what has been done, only that it`s "been breathed upon".