Sign in to follow this  
Special K

Minor bumps and shunts

As mentioned previously a Bulgarian 'white van man' clouted my n/s/f wing a few weeks ago... graunched the wheel and cut the tyre.. many of you will have seen the minor bump on my wing at variuos events recently.. no witnesses, so insurers will treat as 'knock for knock'...

I told my Toyo body shop that a new Rota wheel was about £160 and an F1 Eagle tyre about £140, adding £300 to their estimate..

.. they priced the job at £1,670 plus VAT! A total of two grand !

... by happenstance I came across a local franchisee for 'Auto Restore' - their transit vans have a false roof which becomes the top of a portable, fully kitted spray booth.... bloody clever!

Quoted price?  Less than £200.....

More details by PM.

Spec K

As mentioned previously a Bulgarian 'white van man' clouted my n/s/f wing a few weeks ago... graunched the wheel and cut the tyre.. many of you will have seen the minor bump on my wing at variuos events recently.. no witnesses, so insurers will treat as 'knock for knock'...

I told my Toyo body shop that a new Rota wheel was about £160 and an F1 Eagle tyre about £140, adding £300 to their estimate..

.. they priced the job at £1,670 plus VAT! A total of two grand !

... by happenstance I came across a local franchisee for 'Auto Restore' - their transit vans have a false roof which becomes the top of a portable, fully kitted spray booth.... bloody clever!

Quoted price?  Less than £200.....

More details by PM.

Spec K

You do realise that the Toyota garage most likely use the Auto Restore people anyway and then charge you an arm and a leg?