keelerad

How to upload or add to playlists videos to the club YouTube channel

To check the Club youtube channel use the following link

https://www.youtube.com/user/GT86BRZOwners/playlists

First you need to get your account associated with the YouTube channel so send Rob (or me? do I have admin rights) the e-mail associated with your YouTube so we can add you

Login to YouTube with your account as usual, top right you should see your name, click on it and choose switch account from the options that appear

youtube01.png

Select "GT86BRZDrivers" from the menu

youtube02.png

It will then show top right that you are logged in to the club channel

youtube03.png

You can then upload as usual but it will go to the club channel rather than your own account

To switch back afterwards, same procedure, click where it says "GT86BRZDrivers" and select your own account

Alec

If I've already added videos to my account, is there a way to mirror the vid on the clubs channel without having to re-upload the videos again?

You can add a watermark to your own videos like the one I have added to the club channel videos, see the small 86 logo top right once you start the vid playing

Go to Video Manager, select Channel Settings

26c27136-1feb-49bd-a7bd-771235ed7c6f.png

Select InVideo Programming

youtube05.png

Select Add a Watermark

youtube06.png

Choose an image file (I'll upload the one I did to https://www.facebook.com/groups/278484378954818/files/ watermark3.png)

youtube07.png

Select when it should be displayed

youtube08.png

Click Update and it should say "Saved successfully"

youtube09.png

Then when someone else watches your video if they hover over the watermark they are offered the option to subscribe to your channel

You don't have to do this for the Club one as I have already set it up, so all videos uploaded will get the watermark added automatically

Same for yours, you only have to set it up the once and all existing and future vids get the watermark

Unfortunately you don't seem to be able to resize or reposition it, you get what you get at a fixed pixel count, so try and keep the image roughly square and it will resize it

If you don't like it you can remove it and apply another

Alec

If I've already added videos to my account, is there a way to mirror the vid on the clubs channel without having to re-upload the videos again?

The way to do this is to add your videos to a playlist on the clubs youtube channel

To do this you need to get Rob to authorise your e-mail for the club youtube channel so you can switch to the club account (as described above)

Then navigate to the video you want to add, it can be any video not just yours, then use the "Add To" button.

If you have switched to the club account you can choose one of the club playlists and add the video or create a new playlist for the video

I'll post a tutorial with some screenshots in the next post

Alec

Ok here's how to add videos that you have found or uploaded to the clubs youtube channel

Click on your username and select switch account to the "GT86BRZDrivers" account (you need Rob to add you to do this)

youtube01.png

Navigate to the video, note top right shows you are logged into the club account, select the "Add to" button to the right of the "Like" thumbs up button

youtube10.png

This will open up the list of playlists for the account you are logged in as, to add the video to one of the existing playlists just click on it, the numbers next to the playlists show how many videos are already in it

The text entry box at the bottom can be used to create a new playlist (we'll explain this in a minute)

youtube11.png

You then get the green bar and a tick appears next to the playlist to show this video is now in it, you get the chance to add a note against the new entry as well

youtube12.png

If there isn't already a suitable playlist, then enter the name for the new one and select the "Create Playlist" button

youtube13.png

Remember if you see a tick next to a playlist it means that the video is already in it, if you select it again then it will be removed from the playlist and the tick will disappear, click on the playlist again to add it again.

Tick means it's in the playlist

youtube14.png

You can also create playlists in your own account, but these won't show up to people looking at the club youtube channel

Hope this helps

Alec