Twigman

TWS T66-F fitted at last

Hello everyone

At last i fitted my TWS T66-F wheels today!

I think they look smashing - centre caps may be fitted later - not sure if should be black or silver.

No not lowered - I can't lower as I would never get on and off my unfeasibly steep driveway if I went lower!

I've already scraped the offside front corner on the original wheels and setup.

This setup will give about 5mm extra clearance which is sorely needed!

Specs of the wheels are:

18" x 8.0J et44 56.1mm c/b all round 6.70kg per rim!!!!

225/40-18 Contipsorts5 for the rubber ( i wanted Goodyear F1 but couldn't get hold of any - backordered for a month!!!)

I have both black and silver centre caps - which do people think will look best?

Sweet same size as my enkei's. But I went for Yokohama v105s as it was Evo mags best wet handling tire and second dry handling tire 2013. I always go with evo's views as the test properly.

As for your centre caps go black if it was me. Your rims are silver so you need to break it up. Black would fit in wheel. Maybe gold valve caps to give it a extra touch of class. Only a couple of quid on e bay.

Not fond to tws's

TWS wheels aren't readily available in UK - I had to import these from japan - are you thinking of TSW? they're awful.

Oh some Gucci wheel nuts twigman.. A must.

In time, yeah - I just fitted stock stuff for now until I get used to the way they look. that way I'll be sure to make the right choice first time.

Ahh yes!! My bad. That's why I like yours Lol tws good. Tsw bad! But valves and nuts then your high rolling! Do you have stock nuts on mate? I Heard OEM nuts on aftermarket wheels are not good as they may ruin the rims. Scratch or something as they fit different. Tuner nuts seat 60 degrees with are perfect for the aftermarket rims.

Tuner nuts seat 60 degrees with are perfect for the aftermarket rims.

I thought stock stuff did too.....am I wrong?

i do have a set of metal chrome valves but didn't fit them as they seemed quite heavy and I didn't want loads of weights on the wheels.

I need to look into that but as far as I was told they are not seated 60 degrees. Someone will clear it up for us mate. Likes of knightrider, Lauren , special k and rob! Input please. Stock nuts?

They may seat at 60 degrees, I haven't looked tbh. I just got in to a habit of changing my nuts based on the wheel lol

The fitter asked me about nuts and he said that if the OE nuts weren't appropriate he wouldn't fit the wheels. He fitted the wheels.

But your cars looks great. Hope mine looks as good when I fit mine on Saturday. Till rob rolls in to steal the show. His blue rotas look the business!!! Glad you did not go green or orange. Such bad taste for a 86, suits corsa's and saxos. But yyeahso far Monday is going to look awesome!

They look fab. Have to say, though it needs lowering, but this always happens when you fit some nice wheels! 

Not sure about the seat angle of the nuts. I admit when I got my Rays, I simply bought Rays nuts to go with them. I'd say get some nice TRD nuts or the nuts that go with those wheels. 

Looks awesome mate, the 18" seem to fill the arches better anyways so it doesn't look bad at stock height so I don't think it needs lowering, but it would look more awesome if they were.