Jamie_GRMN

First Proper Clean Ever

So I have never ever properly cleaned a car in my 6years of driving, given them a jet wash or a quick shampoo every now and then, but never really cared enough to spend the effort polishing and coating etc...

So to mark the 4week anniversary of me owning the '86 I thought why not put the effort in and try keep the paint in better than original condition.

Gave it a quick jet wash at the local car place to get the worst off then a clean with some meguires stuff and a microfibre mitt that my brother had laying around, looked awesome as that, then proceeded to notice what looked like key marks down the roof and wings on one side. Cue a 20minute sulk whilst I went inside and had a beer and contemplated what I'd do to the person if I ever found them.

Beer finished I went back out to see how likely a good polish would remove them and phew, was just the remnants of the the protective plastic glue the dealer had missed, all was well :)

Now as I'd never detailed anything before had nothing to finish with so visited a friend down the road who has copious amounts of autoglym stuff (she also happens to be dame judi denches great niece, thought it was worth a name drop :P). Her OCD side took over and decided it would be much better for her to do it than me as I'd screw it up...

A couple of hours later and almost every autoglym product under the sun it looks like this...

C7872B0B-6BA4-40D8-B198-52D0E3D8D84C.jpg

92DA2AC1-A72E-4228-B04D-9CAFB5D6CE01.jpg

Sorry for the crappy iPhone pictures, had to get to the pub to make the most of the weather but it's sooo shiney :)

Now I need to write notes for when it goes in on Thursday for a new HPFP as mines chirping after 1400miles :/

Looks good Jamie, a wash is always satisfying once complete! You will probably find the HPFP will go again after a while, but itr's under warranty so why not get it replaced if the noise annoys you!

Yeah after completion I'm proper satisfied with it :)

Hopefully I'll have the exhaust and everything done before the HPFP goes again so won't be as noticeable when in traffic or parking with the window down, just thought whilst it's still standard I may as well get a new one without any issues...

Plus they can't really say no to me as they know I have access to all warranty and TSB data through work :)

Looks awesome Jamie, guna be honest, I've yet to wash my car personally yet.....each time I've managed to get someone else to wash it for me, namely the detailer from Midlands Car Care in Walsall and my mate who's suddenly gotten into detailing ever since he brought himself a Focus RS  :P   I swore to myself that I'd never go through the pain and effort ever again after spending 6 hours washing, claying and polishing my Clio 200 a couple of years back, I ached for a week and it got dirty again so quickly  -_-

My car is currently getting a full detail and paint protection applied as we speak, followed by a roof and front lip wrapped in gloss black and then the calipers painted red....can't wait :D