CHOSENMAN007

Castle coombe track day. 14th april

Did not know whether to post this on an event or not. As I was on my toddger show and shine it is.My aim was to push my car and learn to drive it at the limit before I go forced induction. I hade ample time on track courtesy of my mate John Avery who owns circuit motors on castle coombe track. It was great to feel the difference between fast road and track was all about. This was my first time to track. On you tube it looks so easy but is it hell!corners came fast and getting the right lines to clip the Apex's was hard. But after my 5th lap it was coming together. My first 3 laps was with John who is a pro, with 24 hrs nurburgring under his belt. He made it look easy. After that I went out on my own, Franky I go eaten alive my 600 break tvrs, atoms, stripped out cupras and the rest. The truth I did not give a damm, I was having to much fun. Just me and my 86. In the paddock my car got the most attention like no one there has seen a 86.after my laps John took me out in one of his race cars, a s2000 to show me how its done. We ate caterham super lights with John at the wheel.

Next John took my car into his shop, circuit motors just off the track. Got my GFB light weight pulleys installed. Yes I felt and saw the difference. Though small I definitely noticed the car quicker to rev and slightly more lively..

Here is a few pics of my day. Wish I had a go pro and a pro can. But no I was a tourist with my mobile.. Wish I had more pics, sorry guys.

PS.. Stock pipe apart from a miltek over pipe scored a 76db rating a 4.000 rpm for the noise test. Can't wait for my Hks legs Mac to go on at abbey on the 28th Lol

post-315-0-92997800-1397515933_thumb.jpg

post-315-0-16097100-1397516084_thumb.jpg

post-315-0-42309100-1397516112_thumb.jpg

post-315-0-33656900-1397516292_thumb.jpg

post-315-0-13424900-1397516324_thumb.jpg

post-315-0-63898400-1397516435_thumb.jpg

I'm sure rob has something on the drawing board. Indianapolis? Lol heard the do a good hot dog a soda deal. Or any other track of your choice. Thruxton are not friendly mate. They are focused on those driving packages you get in Argos and stuff. As of pulleys I defo recommend the crank pulley. The weight difference was not a joke! I can see how the OEM part hampered the motor. Not a big difference by replacing them but you do notice the car having a more urgent pick up.

Awesome stuff dude!  Glad you had a good day out, we do need a dedicated GT86 trackday!!!

Did your mate fitting you pulley's struggle to get the crank bolt off?  I'm still waiting to get mine put on  :(

Awesome stuff dude!  Glad you had a good day out, we do need a dedicated GT86 trackday!!!

Did your mate fitting you pulley's struggle to get the crank bolt off?  I'm still waiting to get mine put on  :(

Took him ages apparently lol

LOL, I don't think that would have helped as Mike was saying that with more force, the engine would end up turning too, it would have been a different story if he could get the air gun in as that would give it a sudden kick and probably get it off but he said he couldn't get the gun in there without removing the front bumper and everything.....I believe that's what he said......this was a while ago now  -_-

Ah ha. This is where the mechanic at castle coombe found a way to lock off the crank. Point to note my new 86 is a auto not my old manual. He got the car up on a lift got in between the transmission sump and engine block popped in a massive flat head into something,that held the crank in place while another dude loosened off the crank with a torque wrench. Wala heavy industrial pulley off very light one on. He then checked online for the correct torque figures to tighten the new pulley up. Very important to get that right I was told. To loose very bad, to tight very bad. Had to be exact pressures.

On the drive home I enjoyed the difference..

You really have to know your car to feel the change as its a small change. Ibfelt the engine had a monkey off its back. Rev needle moved around brisker. Overall I'm happy so its worth it. Once your hold the 2 pulleys and see the difference in weight its crazy. The crank is the main one I suggest you aim to get off. But I guess the package of all 3 pulleys are better. Go GFB pulleys good quality and not pricey.

My car was on the dyno at the time so I'm hoping it wasn't something as silly as turning the crank bolt turned the wheels because of the rolling road  :P   But I need to head up to RRG at some point to get some bits looked at, hopefully I can pop into to Tuning Development and they can quickly swap them over, but they've been mega busy with the move to a new site.