steveoexige

Sprintex Supercharger Vs all the others

I've been waiting for a comparison to appear on one of the forums showing all the supercharger kits available today tested back to back on the same dyno. Incidentally the Sprintex kit is called the Innovate kit in the US.

Makes for interesting reading: 

Interestingly the intercooler and small 70mm pulley upgrade on the Innovate/Sprintex system only made 20hp and 15ftlbs torque difference which for those looking to buy this kit is something to bear in mind as there is a price difference between the I/C and non I/C kits.

Now where's Pitman "eating popcorn" Emoticon ?

I'll take it with a pinch of salt, even with the IC setup of the sprintex, it was a hell of a lot cheaper than the AVO setup for arguments sake. But I will admit you can probably push the turbo a little further.

To say it's the worst price to performance option when it's just shy of a Stage 1 AVO and would be on par with the 70mm pulley at practically £2k less is a ludicrous statement i'm sure you will agree. Perhaps the pricing is different in the US

Hmm, after a bit of browsing you can find this post:

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1607662&postcount=15

Looks like Bob is a bit pissed off with the kit, but he's not quoting any numbers w.r.t. pressure drop across the i/c (which is kinda fundamental to i/c design).

I have to admit, looking at the torque curve, I like the impact the Sprintex has on the low end though

But out of all of them....only 1 makes an awesome whine.....it had to be said  :P

Not quite true, the KW kit is rumoured to have a whine due to the toothed belt. Its not a true mechanical whine though

so what is that mean?

K werks and Jackson are the best both on hp and torque...

why are they not available in the UK?

It means that different superchargers perform differently.

There's still a lot of variables in that link. The Rotrex based kits, which Litchfield's is BTW, will produce more at the top end.

That Innovate plot is also a non-intercooled version.

Tegiwa do the Kraftwerks kit in the UK, you would then need to find a tuner.

... and, of course, AVO have launched their 'billet' turbo.... very interesting.... can't wait to see how Adrian's car performs back-to-back..

Spec K

There's always one that brings a turbo into a supercharger discussion....

That Innovate plot is also a non-intercooled version.

Tegiwa do the Kraftwerks kit in the UK, you would then need to find a tuner.

No the last Innovate (Sprintex) dyno plot is both intercooled and with a smaller 70mm pulley. Tuners comments were:

"More costs (intercooler and pulley) and for a mere 20WHP and 15#s TQ difference makes this one of the worst price to performance options out there right now. Given the prices of the kit with the intercooler today, you'll be in turbo territory and hence have a wider and better range of performance offerings at your disposal."

It's irrelevant whats available for sale in the UK as all the kits available to buy over the pond will ship here for somewhere in the region of £300 for the lot. I've also heard that if you ask the vendor nicely they'll put a value on the item of $500 too so you dont get hit with any unexpected customs charges. ;)

With the decent dollar to sterling rate I bought my entire turbo kit with uprated GTX billet turbo, plus uprated clutch and flywheel, 3inch overpipe/up pipe, larger baffled sump, fuel pump, injectors, etc, etc for approx £3k......it would have been £2k for the base turbo kit if I hadn't got carried away and added all the other supporting mods too. 

The UK tuners will still make their money as we will always need someone to fit it all and with a more cost effective route to buy the kits in the 1st place there should in theory be more kits for them to fit. 

I didn't see the last graph. Most people seem to miss the point that the intercooler is more for consistency than to raise figures. The Americans latched onto the fact it doesn't make much more power, but the non-IC will lose power due to the inevitable build up of heat. To me, that makes it worth the extra cash.

Fitting costs are also irrelevant for me, I enjoy doing that myself. The other kits have more involved installs with the exception to the Phantom ESC.

You're right things are definitely cheaper from the states, but with the S/C kits I'd definitely want some UK support. The Rotrex kits are still having teething issues just like Vortech and Sprintex did. I guess that's not so important with turbo parts as they can be replaced as individual components.

It all comes down to what suits you best, if I had gone turbo then I'd have done it custom like you. I love the torque curve the Sprintex gives and with the improved rotors the top end should be in direct comparison to the centrifugal kits.

Fitting costs are also irrelevant for me, I enjoy doing that myself. The other kits have more involved installs with the exception to the Phantom ESC.

My turbo kit shoudn't be hard to fit - well the instructions make it sound easy (!) Don't suppose you fancy fitting one???? hehe