Seeing as I have some pictures of the car today seems a good time to start a thread for my Car.  Brilliant day today :)

Some track time at Oulton about 70 laps which equates to around 190miles, great day and very lucky with the weather.

280214_zpsf373fbee.jpg

Looking good! I washed mine today, but only had time for a quick wash. It's covered in tar spots on the rear quarter. Needs a detail really. I noticed washing it (particularly so the red wheels) seems to make everyone look at it!

Originally posted in my mods log not a mod more show and shine :)

Quick clean this evening wanted to try some Gyeon Bath+ and it was a bit dusty, then for some reason went for a 30min spin, such a sweet handling car what a joy to drive.

Seems shiny

14468453396_726fe8c244_b.jpg

Took the GT86 to Anglesey today did around 70/75 laps in the end both International GP Circuit and the Costal Circuit.  Great track in good condition, nice facilities, GT86 worked well couple of observation did feel it need a little more power, great chassis dynamics truly stunning just needs a little bit more on the track or at least I felt it did, looking at the pictures and others cars it stays relatively flat into and out of corners, feels that way too.

Tyres hot day, hot track and I was working the car hard they looked a mess and one tyre has a worn edge now, played with pressures which made some difference, but could feel the tyre’s come and go,  certain points where it felt unstable and had to come in an cool them down a bit then they’d be great again.

From this research some more on track day tyres, maybe time for a separate set of wheels, and also the consideration of adding a bit more power or responsiveness at the lower ends of the rev range, all that said what a great day in a great car am certainly loving the GT86.

Some pictures taken by xtreme sports photography.

DSC_7688_zps7e752ab3.jpg

DSC_8433_zps6cc6e2a6.jpg

DSC_7895_zps2d60561d.jpg

DSC_7204_zps9790df80.jpg

DSC_7111_zpsa9eaa79b.jpg

Rest of pic's here

http://s151.photobucket.com/user/forge197/slideshow/GT86/Anglesey

Sounds like a good day. Are you on stock tyres? 

If so, I find that once they go off, they remain consistent and you can just slide all day really. Also they seem to take the abuse very well. They'll clean up on the way home and apart from a little wear to the shoulders (which doesn't matter really) they'll do it again and again. 

In terms of power increases do you mean the upper mid range of the revs? Really though you should be at 5000rpm and over wherever possible. I did tend to find that Church was at the top end of third and into fourth which made it tricky, though IIRC think I had it in 4th in the end, but getting a great exit from the Bookatrack Banking is critical for this.

I am on your favourites....not :) Goodyear F1's they actually were more predictable once they were at the second part of the day and just stayed hot, transition was unpleasant in the morning. Yes fourth for Church, just felt it needed a bit more in places, was trying to keep the revs up but sometimes your in a situation where you want a little more.

When I used F1's they were too soft on the sidewall so would wear the shoulders quite badly. I'm sure the Asymmetrics differ from my old GSD3's.

Looking at one of my fronts think that traight has carried through :)

Hmm, still a tyre to avoid then in my book. I think F1's are good road tyres, but sounds like they still aren't suited to the track. 

Yokos or Bridgestones tend to be much stiffer on the sidewall too. Stiffer sidewall equals better feel too and a quicker response. 

Agree on the road brilliant, not impressed on track at all

Would like Toyo R888 don't seem to come in the size needed :( will look at Yoko's next and possible on its on wheel set, have to wait though!!! Next track day is October so some time to sort, be nice to have something to try then.