speedy

Changing discs and pads

I might check that out especially as the SRF is pretty expensive stuff. And the race car is a whatsit to bleed up!

So, 2 1/2 tanks of fuel and a set of yellows later a good time was had by all! :-)

The yellows were fine as far as braking performance goes. Felt good, on it straight away, didn't fade over decent stints.

However they only just lasted the day, although if I hadn't bothered with the wrap around anti squeal things I'd had almost another couple of mm and another session. ;)

Still back to the hardly worn originals with over 30k miles left on them :)

What's the capacity in the brake fluid reservoir like? If fluid gets changed with heavily worn brakes, you can overflow when you push the pistons in to replace the pads, at least on other cars.

5 minutes ago, nerdstrike said:

What's the capacity in the brake fluid reservoir like? If fluid gets changed with heavily worn brakes, you can overflow when you push the pistons in to replace the pads, at least on other cars.

I've no idea what the capacity is, but when I done mine it overflowed, had to get my mums turkey baster out to suck it out! Worked a treat lol. She wasn't best pleased though.

I'll be changing my front pads shortly...  Will any old calliper rewind tool do the job? Just wondering as I don't have one and they vary in price so much. Cheers, Bob.