faith

How to change your binnacle

Changing the stock binnacle to the T&M alcantara binnacle in the time it takes to listen to Fire Starter B)  Plus a comparison of stock verses the alcantara:

I think it would be prudent to protect the plastic over the instruments with something in case the screwdriver slips. Murphy's Law dictates that would happen to me.

I too hate dash glare in the glass.  I got a black dash mat which helped but the fibres glint somewhat. I tried spraying a piece of the same dash mat material with

matte black paint and it helped so I have sprayed the whole dash mat now. So far so good after a week. Black velvet is excellent but fades quickly.  Why do windscreens

not contain UV filters?

Two years previously  I "laminated" aluminium foil to the underside of the mat to insulate the dash against  radiant heat. I did the same with our previous car and after

17 years the o.e. dash looked like new.   Mind you the heat of our Australian sun is fierce.

You may need to leave out an area of foil if it shields your satnav.

Changing the stock binnacle to the T&M alcantara binnacle in the time it takes to listen to Fire Starter default_cool.png  Plus a comparison of stock verses the alcantara:

[/url]

Is anyone else coming up against a block on the first video here? It says something about Merlin Beggars blocking it because of copyright.

I’d love to be able to take a look at this because it is has been the number one job on my list for the past year and I keep putting it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Faith,is there a knack to refitting the screw holding the binnacle in?? I have retrimmed mine but I cant get the bloody screw back to secure it in place.

Hiya,  
It's probably blocked because it had Fire Starter playing.
I'm away this weekend, but when I get back I'll see if I can upload the video for you.

Thank you Faith.

That would be much appreciated.

I am trying to get to where the back of the mph/kmh toggle switch would be if I had one on the car. Mine is an Aussie car I imported. It only has kmh and no button. The binnacle background was changed over as part of the work necessary for the IVA test, however the import company couldn’t work out (or couldn’t be bothered to work out) how to change the digital display over mph. I am hoping to find the correct wires and connect them briefly to make the switch. After that the car remembers the last selection so I shouldn’t need to change it again. At least the actual speedometer disk has both readings on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk