Rab

8/6 UK Meet Part 2

Following on from the UK Meet last year, discussions about UKM2 happening on 8/6/14 have been a hot topic with arguements for and against having it on this date (as Japan/rest of world have it on Aug 6th!).

I would like to propose a meet on 8th June, in line with the UK date format, with the proposed venue being Toyota Burnaston (TBC).

As the 8th of June is a Sunday this year we could turn things on their head a bit from the last meet. For those wishing to travel and stay overnight on the Saturday we could do some kind of event Sat afternoon/evening followed by drinks and dinner with the main meet happening Sunday from say 12.00??

Any thought's and suggestions welcomed!

Can we make this one bigger than the first one??? :D

Cheers!

1. Pitman
2. keelerad 
3. Mike
4. faith 

5. Riceburner and Mrs Riceburner

6. rob275

I'm for 8/6/14 providing it doesn't clash with anything else!

Your plan sounds good, i like the idea of something in the Evening and a Sunday. Generally get more interest then for those that have to travel further

Hi Rab,

Have you been in touch with burnaston?I know last time they were not forthcoming,due to security issues.

Hi Richard,

It's one possibility that's being looked into at the moment but nothing is confirmed yet. Awaiting further info from a contact at Toyota so I'll let you know as soon as there's any news.

Its tough being a BRZer and having to arrange a Toyota day out :lol:  :lol:

Sounds like a plan...

... how about a 'social' treasure-hunt on the Sat afternoon? Six 'clues' to solve with rigid time penalties for too fast/too slow and spot checks on route...?

Spec K

"Treasure"??? 

I'll need to go on the scrounge again :D

Thanks Faith ;)

Thread revival time!!!

I'm thinking it's time to start planning for this now so please get your thinking caps on!

As 8/6 falls on a Sunday I was thinking we could do an event on the Saturday evening, followed by the usual pleasantries, then a Toyota based day out on the Sunday?

Thoughts and suggestions welcomed :)

It's 8/6, can't take that away from you Toyota freaks!

Nothing set in stone yet Rob, need to speak to various people and see what the options are as I think certain Toyota locations are off bounds unfortunately.

How about the Goodwood drifting on the Saturday? Then a drive on the Sunday maybe??

Right idea but wrong location! Needs to be somewhere central, in the midlands .....

I think Deacon suggested Gaydon Motor Museum, might be a good meeting point?

Hi Richard,

It's one possibility that's being looked into at the moment but nothing is confirmed yet. Awaiting further info from a contact at Toyota so I'll let you know as soon as there's any news.

Its tough being a BRZer and having to arrange a Toyota day out :lol:  :lol:

Wanna swop badges then Matey? ^_^

I'd swap you front bumpers if you had a red one! But badges??????? ....................... NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really need to get moving on this for the 8th June!

I've not had any response from Toyota so I'm making an executive decision!

Donnington can accomodate us (museum, cafe etc) for the big meet on the Sunday, and Lauren is currently pursuing details of some on track fun (not in the 86's unfortunately, but in Caterhams smiley4.gif). Thinking we could stay somewhere on the Sat night, dinner & drinks, then Donny on the Sunday?

Would everyone be happy at that?

If so, please start a list so we can get an idea of numbers ....

Cheers smiley1.gif