GT86Jay

New wheels and side skirt lip kit.

Done a couple of mods over the last few days, both were a little bit impulse due to deals not to be missed! 

I was in the market for some new wheels and had my heart set on some Rays 57Xtreme 18" staggered kit. But was looking at over £1800 with tyres! And I didn't want to be spending that on wheels! And I also didn't really want to loose the feel and fun factor that my GT86 has currently. 

Managed to pic up a 'like new' set of Rota GRAs 17" x 7.5 e45. With new tires for a bargain price! So went for it! 

1528453_10152084490544757_1609556863_n_z

Fitted them onto my car and thought i'd try it out with the tyres they came with. They came with Budget Falken 912 tyres. Cheap tyres but get good reviews. I wasn't too worried about what tyres came with them anyway....

1548151_10152085515434757_122281849_o_zp

Gave the car a test drive and came to the conclusion these tyres were too grippy and didn't have enough progression for the GT86! 

They were great grip wise but they skipped a little bit, much bumpier ride and when they let go they went big time! Not progression or knowing when they were about to go. Would be perfect for track use where you want solid grip and not sliding action!

Cornering speed was great, handling was good but I like the primacy feel! I like the back letting go and the progression feel the Primacy's give! 

So went to the tyre centre and had primacy tyres put on them! Felt much nicer and brilliant control! 

I can say Toyota know what they're doing when they put the primacy tyres on! Too much grip ruins the fun factor and the feedback they give! 

For some people they may have loved the Falkens! If you want solid grip then great. I could have got used to it. And the tyres were brilliant. But not what I was looking for! May give them another go in the summer in warmer weather!

The second mod this week was the full HT Autos Lip kit, front lip, side skirts and back lips......

Once all fitted with the Rota's and a -30mm coilover drop, it looked mean! 

1524618_10152087976639757_1709398488_n_z

IMG_0336_zps6b04be42.jpg

IMG_0348_zpsd80a15bd.jpg

IMG_0338_zps82536340.jpg

I'll probably also get 10mm hub-centric spacers just to bring out the wheels a little more. I would have gone for a lower offset personally if I was choosing new wheels. But with this bargain deal they couldn't be missed! 

Also added a little tribute to Paul Walker...

IMG_0359_zpsed9e8011.jpg

Took it out last night to a meet in Great Yarmouth and was fantastic! 

It seems to let go in a much nicer fashion and more progressive! Once it was sliding it also seemed to be less bumpy and much more controllable. 

I'm not one for putting it sideways around roundabouts... Lauren. ;) ... But I experiment out of car parks and where there is enough space! I loved the feel of it last night! 

Not sure if it's down to the roads being colder / less grip, It was dry and about 6Degrees. Or the fact i'm now running a slight stretch on the tyres?

Does a stretch have any effect on the tire performance / progression? Notice most drifters have stretched tyres... I assumed it was just for rediculous looks? :blink:

I'm pretty sure you can feel that when trying to break traction. Seems smoother. 

They've also filled my tyres with Nitrogen....  :P

Either way I like the feel and still a lover of the Primacy's. (Ducks for cover)

Awesome stuff Jay, looks nice...you guna keep them gold?  Or you guna add some other gold bits to your car to bling her up?   :P

Probably keep them gold for now. Don't want too much gold going on. I did think about changing the Cobra Sticker to the same Gold. 

Currently really like the look of it so will keep it as is for now. Winter at least.

Probably keep them gold for now. Don't want too much gold going on. I did think about changing the Cobra Sticker to the same Gold. 

Currently really like the look of it so will keep it as is for now. Winter at least.

I was actually thinking exactly the same thing about having a gold Cobra decal!