Fensport

Fensport Avo Turbo No 8..... 1st BRZ :)

I think Ian was on about the throttle mapping

Thottle mapping has always been available on ECUtek/any tuning platform. Having more than one assignable to individual switchable maps is what is new.

I guess the throttle mapping is for Adrian to decide what works best. I can't really see the benefit of more than one setup on a turbo except maybe to slow it down for an economy mode.

Thottle mapping has always been available on ECUtek/any tuning platform. Having more than one assignable to individual switchable maps is what is new.

I guess the throttle mapping is for Adrian to decide what works best. I can't really see the benefit of more than one setup on a turbo except maybe to slow it down for an economy mode.

That's right, throttle angle on a turbo car is not the "whole story" ..... what works nice on the turbo cars with electronic boost control is "boost vs throttle position maps" which makes for a nice easier transition when cornering on the limit, eg half throttle half or low boost and full throttle full boost  :) We are already doing this with all turbo conversions that have electronic boost control  :)

I bet Mr Xxxxx is wishing away the Christmas break!  B)

I seem to remember someone telling me they were hoping to do 5 kits this year  :D

I remember that conversation too! I don't think you'll struggle for next year's target either Adrian!

Mr Xxxxx?? If I was a gambling man I'd have a fair punt at who I think it might be!!! Choice of 2!!

I cannot wait to get to Fensport tomorrow, if I didnt have work on tomorrow I'd be sitting at the gate by 7.30am!

Great stuff Rab!  Fantastic prezzy, hope the snow stay off so you can enjoy it a bit.. I think yours is the third 'auto' to be turbo'd.... nobbad out of eight!

Gotta meet.... gotta meet... gotta meet....

Spec K

Think an executive club meet is due soon Keith - Turbo's only! :lol:  :wub:

Firstly - Massive thanks to everyone at Fensport! 

Also thanks to Hashiriya, Will300 and Markinstoke for the micromeets on my way home last night! smiley36.gif

I haven't been able to play properly yet as I'm on the winter tyres, but on the journey home last night I had a few blasts and it's quick, seriously quick. And I know there's much more potential so watch this space! Also, i didn't take my time driving home for xmas (sing-a-long everyone!) and it returned 29.9mpg! Was up at 39mpg before i met Will at the UK Meet hotspot but we soon got that down a fair bit smiley2.gif and by the time I left Mark I was just desperate to get home so not even the snow on the M6 at the Lake District slowed me down (that'll be the winters!).

Will post more as I get used to it. Loving the spoiler, very stealth!

If anyone in Scotland/the Norf wants to have a poke about it just let me know and we'll arrange something smiley20.gif

Cheers!

IMG_20131220_095329.jpg

Brilliant mate! We have definitely got to have a 'must-show' turbo meet early in the New Year... and invite the n/a kiddiwinks... ;) .. and mebbe a s/charger or two, who knows....

(Personal post-it.... must phone Mark at Abbey, get dyno booked...)

Spec K

So - I'm just back from a run in the countryside with the dealer principal and the service manager of Eaglesham Garage! You should have seen the cheezy grins on their faces!! Suitably impressed!

Had a bit of an airborne moment due to having more power than usual on a section of road I know well, this car has got some serious ooomph! The service manager's GB270 doesn't go airborne, come to think of it, neither have any of my previous cars, at the same section, the run up to it is normally to short! And the noise going through a tunnel??? You'd think it was a supercar with the sound off it!

Have an exhaust tweak to sort out then I'll get some sound clips up.

Definitely up for the FI Meet Keith!!

Awesome stuff Rob......your description makes me want to go FI....so jealous  :unsure:    :P

Me to Keith, I drove it last night and it's lovely, loads of Ooomph when you want it and nice and gentle when you don't. Wished I'd never told the wife how much I've saved for a new bathroom now (but stupid is as stupid does) :(

Quick question, this looks really exposed underneath the car, is there a splash guard etc that goes on after this picture was taken to protect the parts from the elements, especially on a lowered car?

Yes - there is a bottom tray which protects it. (Well - there is on the GT86....)

I've driven more than 15,000 miles turbo'd (lowered 25mm) and there have been no issues attributable to road crap or detritus which have affected the turbo.... only problem's been my driving!

Spec K 

Nigelr32

This is a serious problem, yes? You're worried about the price of "..anodising.." ? On a what... oh, alloy pulleys..

For Fscks Sake...!!!!!

Get a life, pal - this pales into a "dark side" question. Go ask Fensports privately - we can do without garbage like this (in my opinion) on this Forum

Spec K

Nigelr32

This is a serious problem, yes? You're worried about the price of "..anodising.." ? On a what... oh, alloy pulleys..

For Fscks Sake...!!!!!

Get a life, pal - this pales into a "dark side" question. Go ask Fensports privately - we can do without garbage like this (in my opinion) on this Forum

Spec K

Is there a need for that? He was only asking if anyone was interested. What someone does with their pulleys is entirely up to them. 

I am aware that Adrian needs to get an order for at least 4 pulley sets to get the anodising done. I asked if another three people would be interested.