Keethos

Fensport Performance EcuTek ECU Remaps

Lauren - for your eyes only, this is totally confidential, e&oe, not for repetition - at Jerez yesterday a certain boy-racer had an "off".

A wee mouse in the electronics dept. of a certain on-track team squeaked to me that a  '..foot on the clutch/lc..' may have caused this misfortune..

... which is weird, right? I thought they didn't have 'em.. clutches, that is  ('lc' = launch control)

I presume it was a 'hammatuer' driving the car... but I could be wrong..

Spec K

Had my remap today... WOW

I really wasn't expecting such noticeable gains! Very happy bunny right now. Thanks to the whole Fensport team and especially Adrian who managed to fit in 3 remaps in one day to ensure I didn't go without  :D

Was also a pleasure to meet Special K and his beast of a machine!

Oi! Don't go misleading everyone... my persona is 'grumpy old man'...

Great to meet you, Fusion. Pity we didn't have time to take you for a spin in 'the beast' (which is a pussycat on the road..) and you'll miss the Fensport Open Day 'cos you're tomming in Hong Kong... lucky blighter..

So...

... oil cooler fitted = biiiig difference in temp, down 10 degrees on the motorway.

... 4.67 Final Drive = biiig difference in acceleration in half-boost mode (with remap, extreme!!)

... Tein Active Suspension = biiig difference from Konis. First impressions are that at 60mph plus the Tein coilovers/shocks are much more positive, especially on rebound. Need to get to grips with the settings at lower speeds (36 page manual to learn and inwardly digest..!)

I've not tried it in full turbo boost mode yet.. this has been increased with the latest map so I'd like to try and get down to Mark at Abbeysport for a comparison dyno soon.

I'm also planning to do Snet300 on 20th March with RMA, try and get the TAS nailed. Anyone else fancy it?

Fun,fun,fun....

Spec K

Childish question.. does anyone know if you can get the car remapped to over fuel (ie pop and bang a little). Ive already got the ECUtek remap but it would be awesome (in my mind) if one of settings was to add a bit of noise ..... 

1 hour ago, DaveJenks95 said:

Childish question.. does anyone know if you can get the car remapped to over fuel (ie pop and bang a little). Ive already got the ECUtek remap but it would be awesome (in my mind) if one of settings was to add a bit of noise ..... 

Yeah I've got a Fensport pops and bangs map. It's awesome :D

Who cares if it's childish? :P

I have videos although mine is probably a bit more extreme than most.

The revving one is shite but meh. I keep meaning to do a better one and I'm also going to sort a chase cam run at night.

Here is a driving one of me deliberately trying to make noise, although like the revving one (done the same night) it's not the best / I wasn't doing the best job of it.