Deacon

Deacons '86

What happened with the Meister R's, Jeff?

They needed a lot of development work Lauren which I wasn't aware of when I bought them. I worked with BAD and Meister to solve one issue but there was another issue which we couldn't resolve. I'm too far from BAD for it to work out with me being the development guinea pig really as it's a 6 hour round trip for me. It's a shame as when they do have them fully developed I think they'll be excellent.

So the next round of upgrades is ordered from James at Amber and booked in with Richard at RRG to be fitted on friday.

I've got the following going on:-

Tein Flex A (wanted to try these due to the hydraulic bump stop they feature)

Whiteline adjustable front and rear ARB kits

MTEC shift springs

Shortened headlight adjustment arm

Richard is also replacing the underbonnet clips that were broken by the incompetent windscreen fitters.

Geometry is going to be set to -2.5 degrees camber front and -2 rear with 0 toe front and just a little at the rear.

Looking forward to it all being done!

They needed a lot of development work Lauren which I wasn't aware of when I bought them. I worked with BAD and Meister to solve one issue but there was another issue which we couldn't resolve. I'm too far from BAD for it to work out with me being the development guinea pig really as it's a 6 hour round trip for me. It's a shame as when they do have them fully developed I think they'll be excellent.

Oh okay. That's a shame that they took you on the development ride so to speak. That's not the way to do things. 

Richard (Riceburner) very kindly provided me with some pictures of the fitting:-

received_644454272356724.jpeg

received_644454235690061.jpeg

received_644454219023396.jpeg

received_644397665695718.jpeg

received_644396689029149.jpeg

received_644396665695818.jpeg

And the only 'finished' picture I have at the moment:-

received_644710308997787_Hagrid_Film.jpg

I'm hoping my new spoiler will arrive next week and I can get that fitted, the car cleaned and some better pictures next weekend.

As always, a massive thanks to Richard and the team at RRG!

What is that bar running from the lower wishbone mount to further along the lower wishbone?

Does it bolt to the ARB bottom mount? Just can't see and struggling to see what it would do. 

What is that bar running from the lower wishbone mount to further along the lower wishbone?

Does it bolt to the ARB bottom mount? Just can't see and struggling to see what it would do.

It's a bracing bar from the arb mount to the lower arm.

Yes, I can see where it's fixed, but I can't understand what it would add apart from potentially restricting the movement of the lower wishbone as I'm guessing that brace will need to swivel as the suspension moves? 

Still glad you got some suspension sorted. 

From the whiteline site:-

PRODUCT BENEFITS

Rear sway bar mount support brace increases the stiffness of the rear sway bar mount & reduce the likelihood of bending or cracking of the OE mount due to the increased loads placed upon it.

Okay fair enough. I'd have to wonder though, a) is it really necessary and B) does it actually do anything apart from stress the area more? I'm not an expert though, just looks an odd way to do it. 

The world is full of if's and buts Lauren, i've learnt not to ponder on things :P I've only had one whiteline product though, never again... I don't even know if they fixed the top mounts in the end but Adrian was close to throwing the lot in the bin! Hopefully the ARB isn't the same. Mark @ Abbey hasn't had no issues with them though so who am I to argue. I'm just a kid with nothing better to do  :ph34r: