Deacon

Deacons '86

Video from Friday's trackday at Bedford. First section of the video was my first lap of the day which quickly got red flagged due to the torrential rain (I couldn't see where the track was at times!)

Second part of the video was after it had dried up a little between downpours. The standing water caused a few squeaky bum moments and I've never driven on track when it was this slippery before.

R compound tyres and torrential rain weren't the best mix!

15 minutes ago, Luke said:

Looks nice and slippery. Did you move your external mic? The car sounds different since your last track day upload.

Mic is in the same place for both the Anglesey and Bedford videos. 

I did, however, have a black flag for noise which I haven't had before with this current exhaust set up - I need to have a look and see if a weld might have failed somewhere or something (I had to have a weld repaired on the HKS exhaust last year so that may be a prime candidate).

24 minutes ago, Deacon said:

Mic is in the same place for both the Anglesey and Bedford videos. 

I did, however, have a black flag for noise which I haven't had before with this current exhaust set up - I need to have a look and see if a weld might have failed somewhere or something (I had to have a weld repaired on the HKS exhaust last year so that may be a prime candidate).

Still shocked about that mate, the car was nothing like as loud as some others. Hope its an easy fix if it turns up a crack.

Nice video though, that first bit really shows why it was red flagged to start with, track vs runoff was an impossible distinction!

31 minutes ago, Kaltorak said:

Still shocked about that mate, the car was nothing like as loud as some others. Hope its an easy fix if it turns up a crack.

Nice video though, that first bit really shows why it was red flagged to start with, track vs runoff was an impossible distinction!

Cheers

It's a weird one - I've watched videos from Anglesey and the previous Bedford and I can't hear a difference so I am a bit puzzled!

Hey Deacon, car sounds lovely! are you manually rev matching or is that the ecutek auto match? Couldn't see you breaking while down shifting so i guess it was manual? 

20 minutes ago, Beney86 said:

Hey Deacon, car sounds lovely! are you manually rev matching or is that the ecutek auto match? Couldn't see you breaking while down shifting so i guess it was manual? 

It's probably a bit of both. I have it on the EcuTek setting I use but also try to do it myself.

1 hour ago, Deacon said:

It's probably a bit of both. I have it on the EcuTek setting I use but also try to do it myself.

Does your Ecutek have it set to only do it while braking? or is there an option to have it rev match without braking? 

1 hour ago, Beney86 said:

Does your Ecutek have it set to only do it while braking? or is there an option to have it rev match without braking? 

I believe the EcuTek only rev matches with braking but I may be wrong.

2 minutes ago, Deacon said:

I believe the EcuTek only rev matches with braking but I may be wrong.

Cheers mate, i assumed it did too which is why i bought this up :D seen some of the US 86 tunes seem to just have it all the time, but they mainly use cobb shelf tunes

After last week's two trackdays the car was a real mess.

I had the car detailed today by Lee at Classic Mobile Valet including full decontamination, machine polishing and ceramic coating. If you're Midlands based I'd definitely recommend giving Classic Mobile Valet a try

Few before and after and reflection shots

IMG_20200831_181241.jpg

FB_IMG_1598904652808.jpg

IMG_20200831_180819__01.jpg

IMG_20200831_181336.jpg

IMG_20200831_181440.jpg

IMG_20200831_174343.jpg

IMG_20200831_181314.jpg

Received this kit yesterday that removes the 'legs' that the standard 3rd brake light sits on on the parcel shelf. I'd never liked the standard arrangement but also wasn't a fan of the stick on options available as a replacement so thought I'd give this a try.

Hoping to fit it at the weekend so I'll add some pictures after I've done it.

IMG_20200916_172812.jpg.dd9c995501c93ad36d108349d8d1033c.jpg

45 minutes ago, Neil-h said:

That’s a nice little mod, makes the third brake light look much neater. Where’d you buy it from?

It's a chap who sells them on Facebook - Sebastian Krämer

Ah that'd be a problem, i'm one of the few strange creatures that doesn't have a facebook account. Have you got a link to somewhere that's not in a private facebook group?

3 hours ago, Neil-h said:

Ah that'd be a problem, i'm one of the few strange creatures that doesn't have a facebook account. Have you got a link to somewhere that's not in a private facebook group?

No, if the webpage you found isn't working then the other links are through Facebook which is where he does most of his business I believe. Sorry

On 8/19/2020 at 10:17 PM, Deacon said:

Bought some new wheel nuts for when the tyres were swapped. I was really impressed by these - they are open ended nuts which the red piece screws into using a special tool they provide. They've even gone to the effort of sealing it with a rubber o-ring.

IMG_20200814_131549__01.thumb.jpg.862c2b3409cc6de4188ad73aa05da62f.jpgIMG_20200814_131539__01.thumb.jpg.c56c2d33dfcdc4d50db63c657d76cd9a.jpg

Took the car to Rogue Motorsport to swap the new track tyres on and give the car a quick check over before the two trackdays I have coming up next week

IMG_20200819_095819.jpg.32555c9487add6f0adc0733d97f07fbf.jpg

IMG_20200819_095832.jpg.ae04a7a78cb8b95b3e7e9914fc558d39.jpg

IMG_20200819_095516.thumb.jpg.3f1d1db5b5cbd70601e1b7ebcb72b133.jpg

Ref these nuts. Can you let me know where you purchased them from?  I see a huge price differential and the design labelled the same but marketed under different names by different companies!  Nengun has them labeled as R40 iConix at around £155 a set.  At the other end of the scale I have found them labelled as Maxgaurd Raceguard Composite in packaging like yours for just £39.99 via Fleabay.  I dont want to end up with any crap knock offs

35 minutes ago, Booboo said:

Ref these nuts. Can you let me know where you purchased them from?  I see a huge price differential and the design labelled the same but marketed under different names by different companies!  Nengun has them labeled as R40 iConix at around £155 a set.  At the other end of the scale I have found them labelled as Maxgaurd Raceguard Composite in packaging like yours for just £39.99 via Fleabay.  I dont want to end up with any crap knock offs

Mine are the Maxgaurd Racegaurd Composites (as per the pictures) and came from eBay 👍