Deacon

Deacons '86

You've piqued my interest with the 7" Eonon unit.  It's on eBay for £179 - is that the one?  Good price for an Android 9 unit.

What connector adapters did you need or did everything come with the kit?

4 hours ago, MartinT said:

You've piqued my interest with the 7" Eonon unit.  It's on eBay for £179 - is that the one?  Good price for an Android 9 unit.

What connector adapters did you need or did everything come with the kit?

I think they only do two 7" Android 9 versions so could be the one you've seen on eBay?

I reused the adapters, etc from the 10.1" version - links are posted earlier in this post 👍

Cheers, I'll take a look for the links.

EDIT: the 7" unit is the Eonon GA2176UK.

Both the fitting kit FKIT-TOYOTA-65 and USB cable adapter CTTOYOTAUSB are available on eBay meaning that you can order the whole lot on eBay and use your Nectar points!

9 hours ago, MartinT said:

Cheers, I'll take a look for the links.

EDIT: the 7" unit is the Eonon GA2176UK.

Both the fitting kit FKIT-TOYOTA-65 and USB cable adapter CTTOYOTAUSB are available on eBay meaning that you can order the whole lot on eBay and use your Nectar points!

The GA2176UK is the one I have. The other 7" one is Android 10 not 9, my mistake

After collecting the wheels the car was filthy (Waze sent me down what effectively became a dirt track) so I gave the car a quick clean as I'd put my summer / track wheels on when I got back and they were the only clean bit!

I got a new snowfoam just before Christmas - Bear Car Care Glacier and I must say I'm very impressed. First time I used it the foam was still on the drive and in the street the next day!

IMG_20200208_154317.jpg.ab0ed285b4c7f791fe25634797377f6a.jpg

IMG_20200208_154332.jpg.881e514b94b271b3c68f387d178cc46b.jpg

IMG_20200208_154303.jpg.10496ffa94548e794660ad69051a91a5.jpg

Went out later and the foam is still on the driveway

IMG_20200208_171441.jpg.077657569dd44406e58d30bf335ff8aa.jpg

And some of the mud I removed!

IMG_20200208_171629.jpg.1deefc2418833cee62b8b4fea4f38ded.jpg

On 2/4/2020 at 9:00 AM, Deacon said:

Cloth arrived for trimming the extra centre cushion for the new seat I'm waiting on.

Have to see who gets their seat first!

Wheels look great. Is your plan to use them as track wheels? What's happening to the Konig's?

8 minutes ago, James18 said:

Have to see who gets their seat first!

Wheels look great. Is your plan to use them as track wheels? What's happening to the Konig's?

Fingers crossed they'll be ready for next week.

Plan is that the RPF1's will be fitted with some Goodyear Eagle F1 Supersports and used as road and track wheels. Konig's will have some AR1's fitted.

1 hour ago, MartinT said:

Thanks for your help on the Eonon head unit.  I've just ordered a 7" model with the Subaru fitting kit (different from the Toyota one).  Should be fun to install!

Another big thanks for Jeff for his offer and help with the head unit on Saturday. 

I was thinking of changing mine and seeing Jeffs in situ was a big help 

Thanks again

1 hour ago, MartinT said:

Thanks for your help on the Eonon head unit.  I've just ordered a 7" model with the Subaru fitting kit (different from the Toyota one).  Should be fun to install!

16 minutes ago, 3card said:

Another big thanks for Jeff for his offer and help with the head unit on Saturday. 

I was thinking of changing mine and seeing Jeffs in situ was a big help 

Thanks again

Happy to help you both 👍

Tyres ordered today for the Enkei's. I've taken a bit of a punt and gone with Maxxis Victoria Sport VS5's in 245/35/18.

I chose these for a few reasons. In the Evo tyre test just gone they said they would have been the winning tyre but they didn't include them in the overall result due to them not being available for supply independently which the test rules require. They've also done very well in a recent TUV test and a recent Whatcar Australia test where they came joint third behind the Eagle F1 Supersports in second and the PS4S's in first (which would have been my number 1 choice had they been available in the right sizes). The final selling point is that they were £43 a corner cheaper than the same size Eagle F1 Supersports so, if the performance is anywhere near the tyres they've been tested against and the test results are accurate, they have the potential to be an absolute steal.

I'm hoping they'll be on for Bedford on the 21st so they'll get a thorough try out on both road and track.

51 minutes ago, gavin_t said:

They look huge!

Bet they will look ace and offer some good grip B)

Any weight penalty over your previous setups?

18x9.5" and weigh in at 8kg so unless the VS5's are stupidly heavy they should be lighter than the other set ups I've used despite being much bigger.

3 hours ago, Deacon said:

1 hour ago, Deacon said:

18x9.5" and weigh in at 8kg so unless the VS5's are stupidly heavy they should be lighter than the other set ups I've used despite being much bigger.

These were on my shopping list when I was looking for wheels. Same size as mine, same size tyres too except mine weigh 9.2 a corner! 

Looking at your pictures makes me wonder if I made the right choice 😂

Few little updates. While the car was in at Rogue they changed the front discs as the National Autos grooved ones I had fitted cracked after 6 trackdays and about 4000 road miles (cracks big enough to feel with your nail which is my get rid of point). They've been replaced with a set of Stoptech Centric blanks and they've served me well so far

received_1480074468841068.thumb.jpeg.c6d5e8ec557325e0a3623efcf40e1c56.jpeg

Pads (PFC.08) had plenty of life left in them.

Next up they replaced the spring set up front and rear on my Motons. I'm now running a 3kg tender spring front and rear with a 7kg main spring at the front and 8kg main spring on the rear

received_204857727329186.thumb.jpeg.df3d85e5605e1e86f28d48f9ca713e1a.jpeg

Ride is very impressive considering the increase in spring rate and the 3kg tender really does help soak up dips when the suspension is extended and then compresses really nicely.

Performance wise at Bedford I could really feel the extra high speed stability especially through the chicane between the two long straights were I was able to take the chicane at speeds of up to 90mph