Deacon

Deacons '86

Yes and VW ones. 
Lovely oem integrated systems 
Vs kids tablet and dashboard trimmed with mrs best knickers. 

Lovely OEM brakes and not BBK. Why modify then? Your logic is very inconsistent, I have to say. I will say no more as you are out with a sword today (ducksforcover)

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Tubbytommy said:

Yes and VW ones. 

Lovely oem integrated systems 

Vs kids tablet and dashboard trimmed with mrs best knickers. 

Honestly @Tubbytommy you can insult me all you like - I find it quite entertaining that that's all a man of your age can manage.

Your posts have shown enough for anyone reading them to know how worthwhile your opinion is and the fact you only have insults to fall back on just substantiates that. 

11 minutes ago, Tubbytommy said:

Well quite honestly I couldn't care less before you started your odd vendetta on my thread.

I hadn't even looked at your car,now I have it says a lot about you and your car modifying.

Near oem,cosmetically ruined and an owner who very jealous of better cars.

Live well

👍

I picked up a fuel container for trackdays as places like Anglesey and Blyton are a bit of a pain for getting VPower. I went with a VP Racing container with filling spout as they seem well regarded on the track groups I'm a member of (and several people from here like @KevinA said they used them and recommended them too). 

IMG_20190919_114548.thumb.jpg.ddf03c6c0d452a7179adb0262b2dc00f.jpg

Finally, I managed to damage the cable connecting the head unit to the screen. Eonon were very good to deal with and sent me out a replacement free of charge which I have now fitted and so have a fully functioning head unit back which is nice. 

I do wonder if the connection between the head unit and screen is going to prove a weak point and if I was purchasing again I'd maybe look at their in dash version instead although they didn't offer this with quite as a high a spec as the version I have. It may also just have been that I had a slightly dodgy cable to start with so I guess only time will tell. 

Video from yesterday's track day at Bedford where the theme of the day seemed to be traffic, traffic mainly caused by powerful cars who were woefully slow in the corners but then just shot off on the straights. The Jag XK R in the video was particularly bad for it. Every session I saw him on was the same - queue of cars waiting to get past him but he'd just shoot off on the straights and not let anyone past.

Had a post track days check over and a few little jobs done at Rogue Motorsport yesterday. 

Bad news was that one of the rear drop links has snapped (would explain all the understeer on the last Bedford visit) and both front discs have got cracks in that will need replacing before next year's track days. 

The rear remote reservoirs were relocated to a better position for adjustment and better secured and we had the front bumper off to try and resolve the slight sagging issue (though this was sadly without success as it seems the Autofactory intake scoop stops the bumper fitting quite as snuggly as it should). 

Couple of pictures

IMG_20191030_225342_362.thumb.jpg.a904c2b968132afe802ce3ebe659f5a2.jpg

IMG_20191030_222050_251.jpg.689d4775d0ab608bf5d73ef8f53bf81e.jpg

Also swapped onto my winter wheel and tyre set up. 

On 11/11/2018 at 9:30 PM, Deacon said:

While the car was at Rogue Motorsport they also made me a manifold/overpipe combo to try along with a new sports cat pipe with an extra resonator added. 

It's a work of art and seems a massive shame for it to be hidden away under the car! 

And a picture on the car showing the sports cat and resonator section too

received_280849689427519_Hagrid.jpg

I'm also interested in a similar kind of front pipe. Do you know by any chance what resonator they used ?

52 minutes ago, Adi said:

I'm also interested in a similar kind of front pipe. Do you know by any chance what resonator they used ?

I'm not 100% sure to be honest whether it is a bought in part or one they make themselves. 

6 minutes ago, Deacon said:

I'm not 100% sure to be honest whether it is a bought in part or one they make themselves. 

Rouge buy the parts in and then fab the exhaust in house. Probably best to speak to them @Adi

New bits arrived today. The little box attaches to the switch panel which replaces the storage hole by the starter button. Switches will allow me to turn pedal dance on and off, disable the seat belt chime for when I use the harness, turn the radiator fan on and enable speed sensitive door locking 

IMG_20191212_102112.jpg

Swapped the headunit to another Eonon one as I was having issues when I tried the shift extender I use on track sometimes with catching the screen. It's the same headunit but with a 7" screen that sits in the dash rather than the 10.1" screen that protrudes.

The 7" version was way more or a pain to fit especially the trim pieces at the sides. I also miss the size of the 10.1" screen but no more issues catching the screen with the 7" version.

IMG_20200126_164110.jpg.dcd1a6218c2d4fcf0185477b0908d22f.jpg

IMG_20200129_200448__01.jpg.98f83a3ca1c7d5d8aae014f3d78573e5.jpg

A big box of parts arrived today.

There are replacement Superpro ARB brace bars as my Whiteline ones have seen better days. New centric blank front discs as the National Autos grooved ones I had didn't cope well with track use and have cracked. There is also a Greddy higher capacity diff cooler ready to go on when the shorter final drive goes in. Finally there are a variety of different Eibach ERS tender and main springs for me to try over the next few trackdays as I wanted to move back towards a stiffer spring set up but with the tenders to give compliance for road use.