so i've made a few videos by now. i thought it might be a good idea to centralize them, seeing as i haven't put them on here yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsmCVFZcCKM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Er1-e-q_cDA

Guest zen

The great thing about your timelapse video is just how many cars got washed in the other bay while you did yours! Superb work!

LOL, awesome stuff dude, love how 6 other cars and 2 push bike (LOL, I chuckled at that) were washed before you finished your car.....the others just seem to snow foam rinse and go.....does that really clean your car that much?

it does release the dirt. but it's also too hard on the paint so not really healthy for the car.

so i just load up the car with a few buckets, a trolley, a case of cleaning products, a box of towels, sponges and mitts, and a plant sprayer.

and let the cleaning begin. i could have also added a layer of the Protech Extreme Shine (probably should have as it makes the water bead off more), but i started a bit late so i'll leave that for next time.

tomorrow - weather permitting - will be the day i (finally) fit my Beatsonic aerial. it's been sitting for a few months now so it needs to be done really

Is it just that snowfoam solution that's bad for the car or snowfoaming in general?  How long did it take you in the end and how often do you clean your car?

snowfoaming at home is probably safer since you control the dosage, but at a jetwash, there's a set mixture that has to cut through the thickest of mucks so i would steer clear of those if possible. it's just the same product for any vehicle that fits in there, so from a bicycle to a large van (which not many people care too much about if it gets a scratch or the paint fades)

i usually take anywhere from 1 to 2.5 hours or more, depending on whether i'm still shining the car, which is something i didn't do this time. i just paid a bit more attention to the wheels as it was the first time they got a thorough wash after changing back to my summers. that's why you see me going back to the wheels in the video. that's not a normal step :P

i SHOULD wash the car every week, but in reality, i more often than not skip a week if the weather is bad or the roads are wet :) any excuse, y'know :P

oh and as a bonus, i made another video which is slightly longer but has nothing to do with subaru or toyota :)

it's of this EPIC drive me and my mate made on our way to form a new "Mitsubishi only" club.

i just stuck my GoPro on his rear window and off we went for an hour long drive with a bunch of other Mitsubishi's (mostly Lancers)

WARNING: there is an ad of a rival online parts store at the very end (and on the thumbnail as i notice now that i'm previewing this post). if that's a problem, let me know and i'll remove (or remove yourself and let me know :P )

yes :) having owned one before the GT but never having more than 5 or 6 lancers together at one point, this was definitely a moment that needed capturing.

when i saw that my mate was organising this, i immediately told him i wanted to come along :)