Mike@TD.co.uk

## Special Offer ## GT86/BRZ/FR-S Exhaust Systems From Tuning Developments

Our CAT back systems are still currently on free fitting :) We have some resonated systems still in stock with more due in soon along with some none resonated systems also.

Non Resonated - £480.00 inc VAT & Free Fitting

Resonated - £576.00 in VAT & Free Fitting

Mike

Resonated & Non-Resonated Systems are now in stock - Feel free to give me a call or drop me a message to discuss fitting - We've decided to extend the free fitting offer until after Christmas :) 

Thanks

Mike

On 10/26/2016 at 1:12 PM, Mike@TD.co.uk said:

@Tareim We have these made in batches in the same format, i'm sure we could ask for different tips to be made upon request, however this may therefore incur a lead time to supply and possible price adjustment :) 

Thanks

Mike

Mike, 

Do you have a rough idea about price increase for this? I'm a big fan of the burnt style titanium tips if these would be available? Looking to treat myself for Christmas :)

Thanks! 

2 hours ago, Ying86 said:

Mike, 

Do you have a rough idea about price increase for this? I'm a big fan of the burnt style titanium tips if these would be available? Looking to treat myself for Christmas :)

Thanks! 

I'll make some phone calls for you and let you know if it is possible :) 

Thanks

Mike

Had the cat back resonated installed today. Lovely bit of kit and sounds nice. Its louder than stock but not overly intrusive. I drove 2 hours on the way back and it did not drone or annoy me. Makes a nice strong noise and down shifting with some heel and toe is great.  :D

Quieter than those. Milltek probably being closest in terms of volume. Cobra is much louder than our system.

Ours is nice and subtle when cruising, yet has a nice bark when under higher load. Also works well in regards to noise with future mods such as manifolds and so forth.

Thanks

Mike

On 2/24/2017 at 9:56 AM, Mike@TD.co.uk said:

Quieter than those. Milltek probably being closest in terms of volume. Cobra is much louder than our system.

Ours is nice and subtle when cruising, yet has a nice bark when under higher load. Also works well in regards to noise with future mods such as manifolds and so forth.

Thanks

Mike

Fitted an Ark Grip a few week back, it does sound good, and I knew it would be loud. But had no idea when combined with your UEL mani, overpipe and a Cobra HFC that it would be set the neighbours car alarm off loud.

This sounds more like what I'm looking for. Imagine I'll be in touch over the next week or so to get one ordered up.

19 minutes ago, Paul said:

The Ark Grip has helmhotz resonators doesn't it? Shouldn't be insanely loud.

That's what I was hoping. I suspect it'd be OK for many, but with the TD UEL (can't compare with any other setup) it's still quite boomy under 3k rpm, especially in the narrow streets round my way. It would be fine if I didn't daily it, but the loudness down low gets tiresome when on the commute, especially on the way out of town when it's still cold.

4 hours ago, billdingo said:

That's what I was hoping. I suspect it'd be OK for many, but with the TD UEL (can't compare with any other setup) it's still quite boomy under 3k rpm, especially in the narrow streets round my way. It would be fine if I didn't daily it, but the loudness down low gets tiresome when on the commute, especially on the way out of town when it's still cold.

Front pipe with a HFC and a silencer not an option? The Ark exhaust is a decent bit of kit, may be less hassle getting something made up like that OR put a silencer in the midpipe?

The Ark Grip has helmhotz resonators doesn't it? Shouldn't be insanely loud.

Helmholtz resonators dont kill sound across a broad range, they target a smaller range. They arnt a silencer as such. Measurements I have for the ark grip suggest a 4.5k tuned frequency. This is why I designed my own.. they are much bigger to get down to 3krpms

19 minutes ago, Paul said: The Ark Grip has helmhotz resonators doesn't it? Shouldn't be insanely loud.

If only you'd seen my exhaust thread before buying.

12 hours ago, Ade said:

If only you'd seen my exhaust thread before buying.

Yeah, I saw you post that up a few days after purchase. I did suspect when I bought it that it'd be a bit much, but I picked it up second hand for a decent price, so thought it was worth a punt.

12 hours ago, Paul said:

Front pipe with a HFC and a silencer not an option? The Ark exhaust is a decent bit of kit, may be less hassle getting something made up like that OR put a silencer in the midpipe?

Have the supposed MOT passing Cobra front pipe, thought about a silenced decat, but as Ade discovered in his quest you can't fit a very big on in there. Seems a shame to chop up a perfectly good exhaust. Especially as I've not heard it from outside the car yet. 

Anyway, I feel we've derailed Mike's thread enough. I'll start up one somewhere more appropriate, been meaning to sort a build thread of some kind anyway.

On 24/02/2017 at 9:56 AM, Mike@TD.co.uk said:

Thanks

Mike

Hi Mike

I'm researching exhausts at the moment, and most people seem to be in agreement that the Q300 is the quietest aftermarket exhaust available off the shelf. 

But you're saying that is not the case, with the Milltek being the quietest, and that yours is even quieter again? 

I've listened to videos, and the q300 sounds nearly as quiet as stock!

Can you clarify please, I'm looking for something more tuneful than stock but not "look at me" loud at lower revs.