Sign in to follow this  
will300

Macclesfield Meet - Saturday

Hey ladies and gents, not a gt owner but I saw you lot yest on the Silk Road, I was driving a silver type R ;), was gonna follow for abit but needed fuel so turned around. Lovely looking motors, i test drove one from rrg as iv had a lot of mr2s but the price was a little high for me and the new type r got announced around the same time. Hope u all had run loads of great roads around Macc and some nice places to eat aswell.

Ah, thanks for that, it's always nice to be noticed! Pity you were low on fuel, our destination was a loop up the A54 Bosley to the top and then down the Cat and Fiddle. Great day for it! :)

Here are my photosleaving RRG after the camera fitPosted ImageWaiting for Keethos to fill up (gave me a chance to get the video camera fitted, see below)Posted ImagePosted ImagePhoto op on the A54 again (well the bit that wasn't closed!)Posted ImagePosted ImageLauren and Jay, Indy looking out the back of Laurens car.Posted ImageLeft to right: Keith (Keethos), Ross (forpster) Jim & son, Rich (Riceburner) and LaurenPosted ImageMine Keith's and Ross' cars, Ross got a Northern Ireland plate (he now lives in Belfast) ending in 666 so his car is now "The Beast"Posted ImageAnd a video of our drive from Macc up to the Cat and Fiddle via the A54 (apart from the bit that was Closed :o )

http-~~-//youtu.be/TyXqoqcfwkk

Alec

Ah, Mark, you so should have done. Was hoping to catch up with you guys, but my beauty sleep and the need for a big brekkie (oatcakes no less!) meant I didn't get there until after you'd gone. Was a great day to be out, have a bit of a blast in places, just enjoying the car then a onto a nice little natter at the Cat & Fiddle. Not a bad Sunday. :)

Great pics will (courtesy of Phil if you reading this :32 (17):). It was a pretty good blast on both days.Narnie, glad you found us, you were following me very closely and saw you bezz past, hovered next to Jay (in the red one) rev'd engine a couple of times and then darted off in a different direction, shame you couldn't have joined us....but I think we had just finished our run at that time I think (can't remember now.....weekend has become a blur already :32 (18):) Get yourself another test drive some time and take it around "Lauren Triangle", you'll love it even more, I wasn't wowed by my test drive to be fair, but the car and rapidly grown on me and love it big time now!Sorry to hear the rest of the day didn't go so well Mark, you should have really stayed, was a good run.....though after we left the Cat & Fiddle, the roads back were blocked with ambulances as there was probably a pretty bad crash or something.....did the rest of you guys get back alright?

Oh and how can I forget, a massive thanks to Rich and everyone else at RRG Toyota Macclesfield for hosting us and allowing use the use of your Service area, you're a real gent Rich, making us teas, coffees, soft drinks, crisps and getting us breakfast batches....twas awesome!

Mmmm oatcakes:...............I saw you all go to the cat in Keiths vid I would have loved that. Is it right you can't make the UK meet? BTW You can always pop in for a cuppa when you're near by' date=' just give us a call to make sure we're in[/quote']Well, with regard to the UK meet I'd rather go to Spa if I possibly can. We'll see. Cheers, Mark. Funnily enough, I'm moving teams in a month's time, so I will be back to covering Blythe Bridge and Werrington, so not far from you. You never know I may just pop in.

It was a fantastic weekend for me! The roads were incredible, thoroughly enjoyed it!Thanks to Rich for letting us use the workshop! Hope all that had cameras fitted are happy and didn't reverse into anything on the way home! ;)Narnie -> I do remember thinking 'Ohh a Type R giving it a rev along side...' - Was going to give my Cobra Non-res a rev. But was too late. ;) Great pictures guys!

It was a fantastic weekend for me! The roads were incredible' date=' thoroughly enjoyed it!Thanks to Rich for letting us use the workshop! Hope all that had cameras fitted are happy and didn't reverse into anything on the way home! ;)Narnie -> I do remember thinking 'Ohh a Type R giving it a rev along side...' - Was going to give my Cobra Non-res a rev. But was too late. ;)Great pictures guys! [/quote']Maybe next time I will tag along for the ride will keep my eyes peeled for another meet up, I do have a soft spot for Toyota's having owned afew :) I wasnt actually revving I was just changing down hehe My car is far from standard just looks that way if you get bored heres a link to my project thread on civinfo you ;)http://www.civinfo.com/forum/modification-projects/99172-narnies-ct-supercharged-fn2-ctr.htmlAlways nice to meet fellow enthusiast what ever cars they drive :)

It's nice to see people find our site and pop in to say hello :) Welcome on board, feel free to pop along to any meet we have. I'm sure some people eventually will sell up and get a different car and stay around just because of the friends they have made.