Mark-in-Stoke

Marks Mods

Hi All, just thought I'd show you some of the things I have been doing with my 86, Enjoy

The First thing I did was to have several item covered with red Alcantara, at the same time I ordered a red set of mats to go in my red car with red seats loving the brothel look....

post-263-0-38900800-1423506176_thumb.jpg

Then I had a new custom made exhaust (very cheap) with a nice deep down Growl

set of Valenti rear lights which can also be seen above

Kei racing 7.5x17 Wheels

post-263-0-77692800-1423505693_thumb.jpg

then bought an HKS airfilter (couldn't be bothered to take a piccy of that) and Rear Diffuser from Fensport

post-263-0-41545800-1423505819_thumb.jpg

Below is the 4" Stubbie Arial from Tarmac Sportz (it's the one in the middle) shorter and more slender than original

post-263-0-44816800-1423505908_thumb.jpg

Love the look of the TRD spoiler! Rich and the team at RRG Macclesfield supplied, painted and fitted this beauty. More to come

post-263-0-32138000-1423506094_thumb.jpg

Hi Rob, I did get the interior done by Stu's mate, he did a very good job. With regards to the lights they were a few quid but I have hopefully found a cheaper place to buy them, I've just ordered the rear fog/reverse lights for a real good price.

Well I got them from PansonTW off the other site, I got sent them early and cheaper as testers to make sure they worked on the UK wiring, which they didn't! without swapping the wires around, saying that they are all ok now.I would like to make sure of things first with the new supplier before saying anything, 2-3 weeks. Cheers

Hi Keith, I sent the 2" back after spending the weekend trying to decided between the 2 and 4". I did a review of these on the other site, if you want i can copy n paste it onto this site too. I did tell Chris at tarmac sportz about this site but he must busy, as he hasn't been added to the traders sect yet.http://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk

Hi All, managed to get a couple more mod's done this monthFirst is the reverse cam that GT86Jay fitted, very stealth like! good job Jay.http://www.gt86.org.uk/forums/filedata/fetch?filedataid=379Next is the final piece in the jigsaw regarding the rear lights, all 3 now match! and I think they look awesome.http://www.gt86.org.uk/forums/filedata/fetch?filedataid=380http://www.gt86.org.uk/forums/filedata/fetch?filedataid=381​Cheers see you all soon

I really like those Valenti lights, and was tempted when I saw them listed on ebay from Australia - so is it the case Mark that out of the box these Aussie sourced lights won't work without some sort of work around, or were yours from a different source/country entirely?

The sides were from the US and needed a very easy mod the fog was from Japan tarmac sportz sorted these for me to test and another slight mod was needed to get them to work how I wanted them too. Not sure but think Chris at tarmac sportz might do the alteration before he sends them out, you'd need to speak. to him on that one though Cheers mark

Cheers Mark, I wonder if there are different versions then - the one I spotted on ebay - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RC-TAIL-LIGHT-VALENTI-RED-CRYSTAL-LED-set-Toyota-86-FT86-Subaru-BRZ-FT86-/181226386910?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a31ef35de - states that there are no mods required, and inc postage they come in at around £300...

There are different styles and colours, before you splash the cash speak to Chris at tarmacsportz i'm pretty sure he'll be able to do you a much better deal.If buying from abroad don't forget to add import duty at 17.5% and an admin fee of £13.50 charged by parcel force which must be paid before they will deliver it.With regards to the fog lamps you have to change them all as from the factory the fog lamp works like a brake light and blinks when brakes are applied when the fogs are on. The advert does say no mods needed but is the Australian gt86 identical to our's I know the US one isn't from experience.hope this helps you out

I was shocked to see a red TRD parked up....even more shocked that it was yours Mark.....had no ideas that you had that on the cards!  That the same custom quad exhaust that riceburner was offering?

Well the BC coilovers I bought from Tarmac sportz have finally been fitted by Tuning Developments of Warrington. As any of you who know me will testify, I have been looking for months and months for a way of dropping the car and keeping the comfort, i'd entertained loads of ideas and spoke to loads of people on this and was getting more and more confused. Finally after speaking with Mike at TD, I decided to just go for it (as he assured me I wouldn't be disappointed). Well I love em! we got the ride to the height I was happy with and then sorted the ride out afterwards, the result is my wife and I can't feel any difference at all.

Extremely happy chappy. If you live near to me and are thinking of lowering, let me know and you can have a ride in mine and see what you think.

post-263-0-59381100-1393625297_thumb.jpg

post-263-0-35278100-1393624985_thumb.jpg