Sign in to follow this  
Keethos

GT86 Crash on A14

Guest Guest

If you watch it closer, I think that the GT86 is the one in the left hand lane that gets destroyed by the Merc.

Given its a white 86, I'm putting my money on something to do with hairspray.

Who needs hair spray? Plus, I'm sure that that's a silver car not a white!!! And is the other car really a Merc? Can't really understand what was going on as the GT86 was just hovering in the middle and is the one that tries to pit maneuver the actual white car in front which subsequently spins across to the other side of the lanes.....fair enough if the white merc or whatever it is slows down for the camera but what was the GT86 playing at still?

hang on....... I'm totally confused (doesn't take much). The GT86 is travelling in the left hand lane, and as it is about to pass the slip road the driver appears to come off the gas in preparation for the merging traffic. At that exact moment, the Merc who is approaching from behind goes to make the over take manoeuvre and just as the GT86 lifts, the Merc driver is probably glancing to his right blind spot due to the on coming car in the right hand lane. Which inevitable means the Merc clips the GT86 rear right with his front left sending it into the spin. I didn't see any error by the GT86 at all ?I have to say this reminds me of when you are approaching a roundabout behind another car at speed, you glance to your right and see that there is bags of room for both you and the driver in front to pull out. Just at that glance the car in front doesn't in fact take the gap, causing you to brake hard as to not pile into the back, followed by shouts of "WTF, you had loads of room".Anyway, that's how I saw it :-D

I agree Faith....looks like the '86 (infront, on the left) lifted for the camera/merging traffic and the merc was trying to over take a didnt leave enough room so clipped the back of the '86there is little to no damage on the rear of the (White) merc, which you would have expected if it was the car in front.and the (silver) '86 has its front smashed in cause it hit the armco....I should be a RTC investigator!!!Hope the drivers are ok though!!!

It's the GT86 that shunts the merc, not the other way round - whatever the driver was playing it he's clearly to blame there. Even if the merc driver braked, the gt86 wasnt leaving enough of a gap to react.

It's the GT86 that shunts the merc' date=' not the other way round - whatever the driver was playing it he's clearly to blame there. Even if the merc driver braked, the gt86 wasnt leaving enough of a gap to react.[/quote']To me it looks like the Merc hits the 86EDIT: Watched it about 20 times in slo-mo, shame on you GT86 driver!

Yeah definitely the 86 at fault - not sure how he managed to get in that position in the first place? Maybe trying to tailgate through the camera for some reason?? Since the right lane was clear...

Maybe they were undertaking the car in the right hand lane and left it a bit late to move back to over take the octavia

Yeah - upon reflection I think you're right. Initially I thought the 86 appeared to intentionally turn into the Octavia but reckon this must have been the initial impact that he then steered out of... Reckon he went for the undertake and was caught out when the Skoda slowed for the camera. This is why we don't undertake, people... :32 (26):

Looks like I'm the RTC investigator here :32 (1): If the 86 driver was over taking....what was taking him sooo long just to move over? I know you don't just dart across but still....he did seem to really linger. Shame the quality wasn't that great, can't really see what the Octavia was doing (i.e. whether it was sudden braking or what not).

To me it looks like the Merc hits the 86EDIT: Watched it about 20 times in slo-mo' date=' shame on you GT86 driver![/quote']hahaha, Rob, I just did the same, and in slow mo you can just make out it is indeed the GT86 making the dumb manoeuvre.

Looks like I'm the RTC investigator here :32 (1): If the 86 driver was over taking....what was taking him sooo long just to move over? I know you don't just dart across but still....he did seem to really linger. Shame the quality wasn't that great' date=' can't really see what the Octavia was doing (i.e. whether it was sudden braking or what not).[/quote']Maybe the Skoda driver was being a bit of a knob too and was making it hard for the '86 to get by?i know ive certainly gotten far too close to the car in front when over taking on occasion when the car in front has been a bit inconciderate :32 (22):