Asj

Touch screen non-responsive

Hi Guys,

Newbie so apologies for any errors in advance. Recently my touch screen on the stock stereo started to become 50% unresponsive almost like it fell out of calibration until just recently it has become completely unresponsive. I've tried a complete power down by removing both associated fuses but that didn't seem to help. Also tried cleaning the screen, nothing. 30,000 miles 2012. 

New units are upwards of £700! Not keen on aftermarket solution but will if i have to.

Was just wondering if any the you would have any additional suggestions or advice?

Regards

Ash

p.s worst part is i'm stuck on MW radio ;(

7 minutes ago, Asj said:

Hi Guys,

Newbie so apologies for any errors in advance. Recently my touch screen on the stock stereo started to become 50% unresponsive almost like it fell out of calibration until just recently it has become completely unresponsive. I've tried a complete power down by removing both associated fuses but that didn't seem to help. Also tried cleaning the screen, nothing. 30,000 miles 2012. 

New units are upwards of £700! Not keen on aftermarket solution but will if i have to.

Was just wondering if any the you would have any additional suggestions or advice?

Regards

Ash

p.s worst part is i'm stuck on MW radio ;(

Used stock units are about £250, cheaper than OEM or aftermarket stuff.

1 minute ago, Lucas@PartBox said:

Used stock units are about £250, cheaper than OEM or aftermarket stuff.

Yes I'll have a look at those, cheers pal.

I've got a stock touch screen unit sat in my garage from when I went aftermarket.
It was only in the car for a couple of years (around 4k miles) so it's seen very little use

You're more than welcome to it for the right price

Really this is an ideal time to get rid of the shite stock head unit and get something better aftermarket. If you're really keen on a stock one, I have one that was only in my car a month from new before I replaced it. Not been used in nearly six years. 

15 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Really this is an ideal time to get rid of the shite stock head unit and get something better aftermarket. If you're really keen on a stock one, I have one that was only in my car a month from new before I replaced it. Not been used in nearly six years. 

The younger richer me agrees Lauren. However I've managed to source a couple of stock ones at a decent price. I'm also considering selling soon so would be a waste to fit a lovely aftermarket unit for someone else to enjoy. Thanks for your advice/offer.