Sign in to follow this  
Braderz26

Knocking sound going over bumps

Hi, I’ve got a knocking sound coming from the off side rear when I go over bumps or bad road  surface and I’ve had 2 mechanic look and they can’t see anything wrong, they said they’ll need to take the  suspension apart to have a father look idea indeed what it could be? 

I’ve got a slight knocking sometimes on bad roads too but it’s coming from the near side rear.

Haven’t had a chance to empty the boot to eliminate stuff bouncing about in there yet tho!

The twins come with lots of noises as standard. Is it most like a) a tick b ) a heavy clunk c) a knock ?

Also it would help if you provided circumstances, i.e. if there are suspension mods and such, age of car etc.

It’s more of a cluck I guess. The car has the standard suspension on it. I’ve checked the boot is empty, nothing is moving about 🤔 think I’ll just have to let them have a father look, just wanted a rough idea what it could be. 

I had a clunk noise on the rear end of my car a while ago. It turned out it was coming from the boot area where there is a joint between 2 panels. When the body is flexing there is that noise happening. RRG Macclesfield fixed it for me when I went in for service. 

I'm wondering if I've experienced the same thing. I've not heard it since I did the lubricate the parcel shelf trick. There's a bunch of welds in the underside of the parcel shelf where sheets of metal come close together - they can be pried open a bit and some spray lube forced in there. Mainly it stopped a sort of high pitched ticking noise, but I also remember a tocking noise as the changed load in corners... car clearly needs more structural bracing!

Hi, I’ve had my anti roll link bar changed and rear top mount and still is really knocking/ thud when over rough ground or bump! The Mechanic has look for everything and can’t find anything. It’s really frustrating me does anyone know a good mechanic that could have a look round Hertfordshire? Cheers 

On 12/14/2018 at 11:37 AM, vanko25 said:

I had a clunk noise on the rear end of my car a while ago. It turned out it was coming from the boot area where there is a joint between 2 panels. When the body is flexing there is that noise happening. RRG Macclesfield fixed it for me when I went in for service. 

They fixed mine last week too. Well i don’t wanna speak too soon but I’m pretty sure it’s gone, it feels weird driving without the knocking now 😂

Hi there,

I've got a '15 plate with 35k miles. I've owned this car for 2 weeks (still has warranty left.) I'm also exhibiting the same clunk on bad roads, this is the N/S/R however.

I do have a tyre pump and other tools under the boot liner, so I'll have a jiggle and attach a strap & report back.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk