Sign in to follow this  
Lloyd

GT86 Newbie in Carrickfergus, Northern Ireland

Hi everyone!

My name's Lloyd. I'm 39 from Carrickfergus in Northern Ireland. I'm very recently become the proud and happy owner of this 1 owner, June 2013 GT86 with only 28,000 miles on the clock. Car is totally immaculate and totally stock, which I hope to keep it that way apart from the winter wheels due to go on this weekend. 

The car is a total hoot to drive and it makes me smile every time I get into it! 

I've always loved Toyota's and grew up in an area that that a big following of the AE86. I've previously owned a Supercharged Lexus IS200 and it was always an ambition of mine that I'd own a GT86 so it was just a matter of waiting for the price to drop and the right one to come along... 

IMG_20181115_164630.jpg

4 hours ago, Lloyd said:

Hi everyone!

My name's Lloyd. I'm 39 from Carrickfergus in Northern Ireland. I'm very recently become the proud and happy owner of this 1 owner, June 2013 GT86 with only 28,000 miles on the clock. Car is totally immaculate and totally stock, which I hope to keep it that way apart from the winter wheels due to go on this weekend. 

The car is a total hoot to drive and it makes me smile every time I get into it! 

I've always loved Toyota's and grew up in an area that that a big following of the AE86. I've previously owned a Supercharged Lexus IS200 and it was always an ambition of mine that I'd own a GT86 so it was just a matter of waiting for the price to drop and the right one to come along... 

IMG_20181115_164630.jpg

Red ones go fastest 😜. Enjoy miles of smiles 👍

1 hour ago, Lauren said:

Welcome aboard. :)

Any plans for the car? 

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone!

No plans for the car just yet, Lauren. Tada-san has done a really good job im my opinion and it's hard to find room for any significant improvement. 

It's my driving that really needs the improvement as this car really responds and rewards being driven well, perfect rev matching on the gear changes, getting the throttle and braking right, perfect balance through the corners and it really comes alive and each and every journey it gets me really thinking about how I'm actually driving and soaking up all the feedback the car communicates. 

I've never enjoyed my morning commute so much and I'm now working later in the evenings just so I can drive home on the quieter roads and enjoy the drive even more!