Oghero

JDM indicator swap

Anyone know if this is an easy swap? Or is the wiring gonna be a difficult one. I remember on my S2000 i was advised it wasn't really possible because of the wiring.

I'm looking to swap my wipers and indicators to the opposite sides.

Just a personal preference really.

Thanks
Hero

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E: autocorrect

I think you're going to have a tough time swapping the wipers and indicators to the other sides. May not even be able to do it without some custom wiring?

https://howtune.com/articles/351-replace-the-wiper-or-light-stalk-on-a-scion-fr-s-subaru-brz-gt-86

You can see in this article the wiring clips are slightly different, presumably due to the different wiring they need. I'd imagine you'll need a whole clock spring setup from a JDM spec car.

I think you're going to have a tough time swapping the wipers and indicators to the other sides. May not even be able to do it without some custom wiring?
https://howtune.com/articles/351-replace-the-wiper-or-light-stalk-on-a-scion-fr-s-subaru-brz-gt-86
You can see in this article the wiring clips are slightly different, presumably due to the different wiring they need. I'd imagine you'll need a whole clock spring setup from a JDM spec car.

Thanks for the reply and the link, truthfully though, I'm not really sure what I'm looking at on the link. I'm not familiar with it at all, i was hoping there's some kind of plug and play part/adapter that somebody has created for the community somewhere on the market.

Or as an alternative, an electrical shop/person who would be willing to take on this job. If someone knows how to and would be willing to do this, i'd gladly be welcome to any incoming quotes for the job.

Thanks
Hero

10 hours ago, OllyW said:

@Lauren should be able to confirm if the JDM cars are different. I thought that these days the Japanese were starting to conform to the rest of the world's setup on this.

9 hours ago, knightryder said:

@Lauren should be able to confirm if the JDM cars are different. I thought that these days the Japanese were starting to conform to the rest of the world's setup on this.

They do in fact have the indicator on the correct side for RHD which is on the right. Which is where it should be. We have this stupid anonmaly in the UK with the indicator on the left. I blame VW for this as they have done it since the last 70's. Now every UK car has the indicators on the left which makes no sense at all. 

They do in fact have the indicator on the correct side for RHD which is on the right. Which is where it should be. We have this stupid anonmaly in the UK with the indicator on the left. I blame VW for this as they have done it since the last 70's. Now every UK car has the indicators on the left which makes no sense at all. 

Hey Lauren do you know if i was to find out the part numbers and get the parts ordered for the two stalks, if i would be able to make it work?

If custom wiring would need to be done i think i could find the right people to do it for me, but just in terms of making them fit etc...

Thanks
Hero

OllyW: thanks for link. At last i see pics of those stalks disassembled. Though still it's a bit hard to make out, if it's possible to move/mount/bend them a bit angled/closer to steering wheel, which is what i'd wish to do in my car (installed steering wheel that is with offset 20cm closer to driver, so would love to angle those stalks more too, to be as close to wheel like to stock's).

22 hours ago, Church said:

OllyW: thanks for link. At last i see pics of those stalks disassembled. Though still it's a bit hard to make out, if it's possible to move/mount/bend them a bit angled/closer to steering wheel, which is what i'd wish to do in my car (installed steering wheel that is with offset 20cm closer to driver, so would love to angle those stalks more too, to be as close to wheel like to stock's).

I think it'd be difficult to bend them without distorting the plastic/snapping them - Your best bet in finding out would be disassembling them yourself or order a set off ebay to experiment with, that way if it goes wrong you're only £40 down (based off the 2nd hand set on eBay currently) and your car still has some wiper/indicator stalks in place.

On 21/11/2018 at 6:31 PM, Oghero said:

Hey Lauren do you know if i was to find out the part numbers and get the parts ordered for the two stalks, if i would be able to make it work?

If custom wiring would need to be done i think i could find the right people to do it for me, but just in terms of making them fit etc...

Thanks
Hero

I've no idea in all honesty. I don't know anyone who has tried it.