Sign in to follow this  
willclarke

Workmanship at Milton Keynes / Bedford dealer

As the title suggests, how have your experiences been with getting work done at Milton Keynes or Bedford Toyota?

I'm looking to get my recall done there as I don't trust Peterborough, and don't really fancy travelling 3 hours unless necessary to RRG Macclesfield.

Cheers

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I had the lead mechanic at Bedford Bromham tell me, '[he] hates working on these cars, they're pains in the arse and we dont really know much about them'.

So my car goes to Fensport in Chatteris, near Cambridge now.

I had the lead mechanic at Bedford Bromham tell me, '[he] hates working on these cars, they're pains in the arse and we dont really know much about them'.

So my car goes to Fensport in Chatteris, near Cambridge now.
Ah bugger that's Bedford crossed off then

Yes fensport is close but this is just for the valve spring recall and don't really fancy paying for it

Any others east Midlands with a good experience?

On 11/12/2018 at 9:44 AM, Smulers said:

I think you'll struggle with a steven eagle tbh.

RRG Macclesfield? Ive heard lots of good things, but i don't know where they're based

RRG Macclesfield are based in Macclesfield funnily enough :) Bit of a trek form Peterborough for the OP, but it is a good place to get to know for any 86/BRZ owner as Rich and Gary really care about our cars, have no issue with mods (and will supply and fit many of them) and in my (and plenty of others) experience are the best main dealer you'll find and I'm always happy to travel down to them from where I live.

On 12/11/2018 at 10:10 AM, willclarke said:

I wonder if we'd be able to go to subaru? I guess it's 'mainly' their engine (open to be corrected here)

No you won't. Not with a Toyota. 

Well yes, but what I mean is its a shared platform with subaru..
Would be handy if the local subaru dealer was more clued up with these (brz) than the Toyota dealer!

No you won't. Not with a Toyota. 

42 minutes ago, willclarke said:

Well yes, but what I mean is its a shared platform with subaru..
Would be handy if the local subaru dealer was more clued up with these (brz) than the Toyota dealer!

Yes I know. I have been to the factory, but apart from stating what we already all know, whilst Subaru have more experience with the flat four they are likely to have far less experience with the BRZ given how little have been sold. So a reputable Toyota dealer is just as good if not better depending upon where you go of course. 

Will,

I live in Kettering and I will be doing the trek to RRG and getting lift on the way back as they are the only place I trust. When I had a chat with Adrian at Fensport he also said that Listers Toyota Cheltenham are not bad too but never tried them. 

That would be really good if they were chosen! They'd have quite a queue though haha.

I may bite the bullet and head to RRG otherwise

I was at Fensport last week and they mentioned that Toyota may be allowing certain independent garages to carry out the recall work, worth giving them a call

Will,

I live in Kettering and I will be doing the trek to RRG and getting lift on the way back as they are the only place I trust. When I had a chat with Adrian at Fensport he also said that Listers Toyota Cheltenham are not bad too but never tried them. 

Ok good to know. I take it they'll need the car for a day or so then.

They're both pretty much the same distance so I'd probably rather go RRG. Have you booked yours in?

Will,

Letters haven't been send out yet I believe. Once I got one through the post I will look at booking it with Rich at RRG and probably do the spark plugs when the engine is out as the car is 5 years old now. 

I'm in Milton Keynes area, and have had my car in and out at Steven Eagell Milton Keynes for several months for warranty work (air con, windows scratching, door seals, failed heated rear windscreen)...

I'll be going to RRG Macclesfield, it's directly next to Peak District so will book a few days off and make it a mini-holiday, tear around the country roads a bit before and after.

After my warranty ran out, I've been going to my local independent car garage as opposed to Steven Eagell. Absolutely zero confidence that they won't create more problems taking it apart, and then refuse to accept it's their fault. 

52 minutes ago, Nosupersuit said:

I'm in Milton Keynes area, and have had my car in and out at Steven Eagell Milton Keynes for several months for warranty work (air con, windows scratching, door seals, failed heated rear windscreen)...

I'll be going to RRG Macclesfield, it's directly next to Peak District so will book a few days off and make it a mini-holiday, tear around the country roads a bit before and after.

After my warranty ran out, I've been going to my local independent car garage as opposed to Steven Eagell. Absolutely zero confidence that they won't create more problems taking it apart, and then refuse to accept it's their fault. 

Same here for Steven Seagull in Essex 🕊🕊

Sounds like RRG Macclesfield are going to be busy then!

Appreciate your comments guys cheers, sounds like a lot of us are in the same boat about confidence with some of the local dealerships

34 minutes ago, willclarke said:

Sounds like RRG Macclesfield are going to be busy then!

Appreciate your comments guys cheers, sounds like a lot of us are in the same boat about confidence with some of the local dealerships

I can only base my thoughts on Toyotas after sales over the last 5 years which in my area is abysmal 

34 minutes ago, nikndel said:

I can only base my thoughts on Toyotas after sales over the last 5 years which in my area is abysmal 

I didn't know about RRG when I brought my car from the Toyota dealer in Preston (wasn't aware or the two UK forums either until after being an owner), but thankfully by the time my first service came around I'd picked up on the good reviews and discussions on the forums and so have used them every year since. Funnily enough when my local dealer phoned me to book me in for that first service and I told them that I was going to use RRG instead the girl on the phone laughed and said something like 'oh no, not another one, I'll take you off the list as well'  so I think even then other dealers were well aware of the RRG effect on their return business!

11 hours ago, Captain Duff said:

I didn't know about RRG when I brought my car from the Toyota dealer in Preston (wasn't aware or the two UK forums either until after being an owner), but thankfully by the time my first service came around I'd picked up on the good reviews and discussions on the forums and so have used them every year since. Funnily enough when my local dealer phoned me to book me in for that first service and I told them that I was going to use RRG instead the girl on the phone laughed and said something like 'oh no, not another one, I'll take you off the list as well'  so I think even then other dealers were well aware of the RRG effect on their return business!

I've never used Vantage Preston for the GT86 - bought some bits as needed for the Toyota's I've had. I got put off them when I tried to sort a known warranty issue out on the seat leathers and they were not helping. Rich @ RRG go it sorted quickly. Funnily enough the Transcal guy who was sorting my seat cover on my driveway was off to Vantage that afternoon to sort another GT86 lol.