lewism1

Best Brake Discs?

Got my car in for 60k service next week, and it could also do with new discs and pads all round. Eurocarparts got 35% off at the moment so think I might just buy some discs off there. What would people recommend for a daily driver? I don't do track days so not bothered about anything that's good for those. My wheels are 7.5 inch width and et37, not sure if that makes a difference or not.

As a purveyor of generics, I have previously used Pagid discs. They didn't shear off on a trackday, and it's not like you need drilled, dimpled or grooved. I suppose any of the Eurocarparts generics would be similar, but I've never bought an Eicher part before. You'll never get to the point where grooves or holes will help on the road, but a change of pads could be beneficial either in price or sharper bite.

Otherwise peruse Fensport's catalogue for shiny bits.

11 hours ago, maurice said:

I'd avoid the cheap Brembo discs from Eurocarparts. Fitted them all round to my wife's old Honda Jazz and the buggers warped within a few months.

Dunno if they're the same ones TD sell but they've been fine for me 

I'd recommend Brembo OEM discs too. Also just fitted some Borg & Beck discs I got off ebay; seem fine out on track.

I've never had any issues with the Brembo discs, they seem to be just as good as Toyota OEM discs and are a fraction of the cost. I only went Borg & Beck as they were dirty cheap and their parts review well. No complaints so far.

3 hours ago, Mike said:

Dunno if they're the same ones TD sell but they've been fine for me 

Hope they stay good for you. After I had problems read a number of other cases of others having the same issue so maybe there was a bad batch.

Or maybe the Jazz had too much performance for them!