Derby_guy

Tomei exhaust question

Hi guys,

I think I'll be ok but just want confirmation, I'm looking to replace the stock exhaust with a full tomei exhaust system.

So far I've got the url header and cat-back single exit exhaust, I'm looking to buy the overpipe and front pipe in the near future.

What i want to know is, has anyone else run this and was ok on the MOT? 

Thanks in advance

9 minutes ago, Derby_guy said:

Hi guys,

I think I'll be ok but just want confirmation, I'm looking to replace the stock exhaust with a full tomei exhaust system.

So far I've got the url header and cat-back single exit exhaust, I'm looking to buy the overpipe and front pipe in the near future.

What i want to know is, has anyone else run this and was ok on the MOT? 

Thanks in advance

Frankly, you will struggle with passing emissions, however..there are MOT garages that will pass you.. Though generally speaking, it won't pass.

Thanks for the reply

I've already brought the exhaust and header but not installed them yet (was looking to buy the overpipe this month)

I've just read the info on the front pipe and it does state that it's for competition use, so if I only installed the parts I have (along with the overpipe if/when purchased) would that be ok?

Looking to get the engine tuned in the near future to if that has any bearing on this issue

For what it's worth, I have the Tomei UEL with over pipe, followed by Cobra sports cat front pipe, then Milltek Resonated catback, and it scrapes through MOT.  With a friendly garage, it will be easier than it was with Toyota ;)