Sign in to follow this  
sam534

No servicing for 9 years

Right 86ers bit of a story...

Misses bought a car 3 years ago 3,500 grand Nissan micra c+c, her first car, she loves it.

She trusts her dad with all the maintenance he's quite a proud man and cannot be told a thing.

She had an oil leak the other day turns out the filter was leaking, she got it changed, all is good. I asked her when it was last changed, she didn't know, sent me her service history and the last stamp was 9k miles and 2009. Bare in mind it's now done 54k miles. It definetly hasn't been serviced in 3 years, could be 9 worst case!

She got hit in the back the other day and the insurance is giving her two options, 1900 quid and the car is written off.... Or 1600 and they don't write it off and the mechanic will repair it for them at a later date....

I'm saying this is a blessing in disguise, that engine can't have much left in it even if you now service it properly. Write it off take the 1900 and get a new car. What does everyone think?

It'll be fine just service it now or...

Burn it with fire!

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

No no he hasn't been servicing it, he just has a man he thought was servicing.... Turns out he has never actually done a service the whole time. Her dad thought he was servicing with the MOT.

Agreed. Take the money and get something that will last. She's lucky the car was still driving on the mud of an oil that must be in it now.
Any recommendations Lucas?

25 minutes ago, sam534 said:

Any recommendations Lucas?

Car recommendation? 09+ Volkswagen Polo 6R or Up! They are nice little cars for your girlfriend. £3.5k can get you a reasonable car. I had the 6R Polo as my first car and I was really happy with it (except the power :D). Or Seat/Skoda alternatives.

Yeah take the money and get out of there! No point having it repaired for 1.6k, it's too late now if it hasn't had a service in 9 years. I would wager that you'd be seeing more problems with it in the future too.