Lauren

New Committee Members

Well, some news at last. I am very pleased to announce Jeff @Deacon has taken the position on as Club Chairman. Welcome aboard Jeff. I'm in the midst of juggling work and trying to get all these things sorted, so I will be pleased to have some good help and I am sure that Jeff will do an amazing job, we are fortunate indeed to have him aboard. :)

There are more committee members coming, I am in the midst of sorting it all out with Rob and Keith. 

There is still some vacant positions available in regard to Vice-Chair person and also two more in regard to Events, we really need a Northern events organiser! 

1 hour ago, Lauren said:

Well, some news at last. I am very pleased to announce Jeff @Deacon has taken the position on as Club Chairman. Welcome aboard Jeff. I'm in the midst of juggling work and trying to get all these things sorted, so I will be pleased to have some good help and I am sure that Jeff will do an amazing job, we are fortunate indeed to have him aboard. :)

There are more committee members coming, I am in the midst of sorting it all out with Rob and Keith. 

There is still some vacant positions available in regard to Vice-Chair person and also two more in regard to Events, we really need a Northern events organiser! 

Thank you @Lauren I'm looking forwards to doing what I can to help

No problem, welcome aboard. :)

We need to get going with the other 'committee' members and we need a few more, still. Rob is going to work out permissions for everyone else and stuff and then we'll look to organise a meet up in the midlands. :)

We now have a Vice-Chairman. Jordan has put himself forward and we are very pleased to have him. Welcome, Jordan. :) Jordan has a great passion for all things automotive as you all know and has been helping me run the Facebook page for a good while now. 

It looks like we are going to have a get together at the Xmas party, to get things in place and look forward to moving things forward for next year. :)

A bit of an update here, following some discussion which took all the way to a long night following the club Xmas meal kindly organised by Jeff, Jeff has considered his position and decided to step down. We had a good chat with Kev who has taken on the position of Chairman. We are very pleased to have Kev on board and he has been fantastic in promoting the Toyota Sprint Series and has been a great ambassador for this. I am sure Kev will do a great job for the club pushing it forwards and there has been a lot of discussion for events for next year. So welcome aboad Kev! :)

We are already getting busy with planning Japfest Silverstone and Donny, deciding what to do about JAE and also a lot of the other regional shows. @VAD17 has done a great job sorting all the track day stuff out and we hope he'll be joining the committee soon, we are just trying to juggle our day jobs and make time to sort club stuff out. I apologise if this has taken a while, my day job is hell currently! 

Thanks everyone it's a nice warm welcome, lot's of enthusiastic people around us that I'm sure will have great ideas and support for a club that can go from strength to strength. I will continue to campaign in the Sprint Series but am more than happy to be involved in whatever needs doing, so any ideas/suggestions just drop me or any of the admin a line. :D 

Congratulations Kev. 

Looking forward to the sprint series calendar next year. As I'm really keen to at least attend 1 or 2 next year. It's difficult with my job as I work Saturdays and some can be a long drive away. Also doesn't help that my job insist that I book my annual leave nearly a year and a half ahead, I already have all my dates booked for next year but no one knows the dates for sprint yet. 

Jeff/ @Deacon, Kev/ @KevinA, Lauren/ @Lauren - time to make some plans for 2019 club days? Let me know which ones you would like me to take care of.

May be?:

30 March (Saturday) - Spring Action Day at Castle Combe - not many attended last year, but may be we can join with Weekend Racers bunch if they will have us. I am happy to arrange this or if we have enough interest will have a club stand of our own.

5 May (Sunday) - Japfest at Silverstone - shout if you need any help with this one. Last year was great!

9 June (Sunday) - TunerFest South (Brands Hatch) - I would be delighted to arrange a club stand and will provide muffins and soft drinks for all attendees.;)

There are other options for June we can choose from: 1 June (Saturday) - JDM Combe, 8 June (Saturday) - Jap Show 2019 at Santa Pod; 22 June (Saturday) - Summer Action Festival at Castle Combe. We can decide if we would like to do more in June

Then there will be Japfest  at Donington (Saturday, July 13), Simply Japanese at Beaulieu (Sunday, July 28), JAE in August. Unfortunately I would not be able to help with these as I would be out (on a road trip in the US).

Thanks Vad, that's fab. I'm going to take care of Japfest Donington as it's an easy one for me to get to. For Japfest Silverstone all help is gratefully received. Of the others, it's probably worth gauging interest to see how many want to go. Tunerfest has been popular before, though Santa Pod less so. The JDM Combe event was attended by a few members last year. JAE is in the balance, I will take care of that one if it happens as well. :)

On 11/12/2018 at 6:17 PM, VAD17 said:

Jeff/ @Deacon, Kev/ @KevinA, Lauren/ @Lauren - time to make some plans for 2019 club days? Let me know which ones you would like me to take care of.

May be?:

30 March (Saturday) - Spring Action Day at Castle Combe - not many attended last year, but may be we can join with Weekend Racers bunch if they will have us. I am happy to arrange this or if we have enough interest will have a club stand of our own.

5 May (Sunday) - Japfest at Silverstone - shout if you need any help with this one. Last year was great!

9 June (Sunday) - TunerFest South (Brands Hatch) - I would be delighted to arrange a club stand and will provide muffins and soft drinks for all attendees.;)

There are other options for June we can choose from: 1 June (Saturday) - JDM Combe, 8 June (Saturday) - Jap Show 2019 at Santa Pod; 22 June (Saturday) - Summer Action Festival at Castle Combe. We can decide if we would like to do more in June

Then there will be Japfest  at Donington (Saturday, July 13), Simply Japanese at Beaulieu (Sunday, July 28), JAE in August. Unfortunately I would not be able to help with these as I would be out (on a road trip in the US).

I can take on activities for simply Japanese @ Beaulieu in 2019.

A bit overdue, but I'd like to welcome @VAD17 aboard to the committee as our Trackday and Event Organiser. As I'm sure you'll agree he has been brilliant at organising track days and local events and we appreciate all his hard work. :)