Sign in to follow this  
Bruce1977

Red warning light flashing

Hi - new to this forum . Tonight while backing up a red light next to the boot / truck opening switch started flashing. Parked and locked the car and  the light went out ???

Just driven home and locked it up and checked the car again 10 mins later and this red  light is flashing  at a different frequency the the main alarm light in the center of the  speedo dial .

Nothing in the car manual to say what this light is but i suspect its a duplicate alarm  light- PS its my wife's car  

What is the red light for ??

25 minutes ago, gazza82 said:

My alarm light is in top right corner of the headunit surround ... that's why I couldn't work it out ... 

They put it in a different place when you have TPMS. 

1 hour ago, Lauren said:

It's the light for the alarm system that was fitted at Portbury Docks when the car came over. The dash one is the immobiliser, the one near the boot button is the alarm. 

Hello Lauren  thanks for the clarification. Could not understand why there were 2 red flashing lights in the car . Thanks again

3 hours ago, gazza82 said:

My alarm light is in top right corner of the headunit surround ... that's why I couldn't work it out ... 

3 hours ago, Lauren said:

They put it in a different place when you have TPMS. 

@Lauren, all BRZ's have them next to the headunit. 

Fob battery warning is yellow I think and appears in the centre of the instruments and flashes for a little while after engine turn off. There's also a warning beep when it thinks the battery is very low.

Hi - new to this forum . Tonight while backing up a red light next to the boot / truck opening switch started flashing. Parked and locked the car and  the light went out ???
 Just driven home and locked it up and checked the car again 10 mins later and this red  light is flashing  at a different frequency the the main alarm light in the center of the  speedo dial .
  Nothing in the car manual to say what this light is but i suspect its a duplicate alarm  light- PS its my wife's car  

What is the red light for ??

Alarm system

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk